AA8

Amil let out a sigh of relief as Zion pulled over to the gas station that was to the left of them. Being in the car with him felt like they were playing need for speed. Even his slowest speed was still incredibly fast to Amil. According to Zion, his engine was at fault. "You want something up outta here?" He questioned while slipping his wallet into the pocket of his shorts. Amil shook her head no, "I'm fine." She answered. Zion briefly nodded his head before opening the door and leaving out.

Amil watched as he walked all the way into the gas station. Once he was no longer visible, she reached into her purse and pulled out her lipgloss. After twisting the wand away from the tube, she pulled it up and applied a standard amount to her lips. While dragging the wand side to side, she looked down and noticed his phone was still in the car, which was a good sign to her. It signified that he had nothing to hide, considering that most men would remove their phone from CarPlay, just to take it with them when they left.

Momentarily, Zion finished his business in the gas station and made it back to the car. Instead of standing outside while the gas pumped, he got back in the car. "I swear you said you wasn't gon' put on another wig after you took your hair down." Zion announced, looking over at Amil. His aura was so light and playful, Amil couldn't help but to chuckle when she was around him. "I said that?" She questioned, Zion shook his head yes while grabbing his phone and going to their message thread. After a bit of scrolling, he moved the phone closer to her face.

"I think imma just flat iron my real hair, it's too hot for a wig." Zion read verbatim from their messages before looking over at Amil. "I did say that...but this hair goes with this outfit." She replied. She was currently sporting a deep wave wig, that was styled in a middle part. Just when he was about to put his phone down, Amil stopped him.

"That's my name in your phone?" She smiled as she read it again. "Yeah...Pretty Milly." Zion spoke, clearly proud of the contact name he'd chosen for her.

"That's so cute." Amil chuckled. It was even cuter knowing that she left the space blank for him to save it as whatever he pleased, and that's what he selected. "You was waiting to see my real hair or something?" Amil questioned.

"I just want you to be comfortable and not worry about it lifting. I know you say when it's too hot, the glue sweat off or something like that." Zion explained with genuine concern in his voice. "It's fine. I know we gotta wait outside, so I took extra precautions." Amil replied.

The duo was trying Trill Burger today. A burger spot that was owned by Bun B, one half of Houston's greatest rap duo, UGK. His name alone brought hype, and the quality added on top it. Amil watched various tiktoks of people complaining about the wait, but giving it a pass, as the food made up for it.

As they continued to wait for Zion's car to fill up, they somehow ended up going through his photo album on his phone. Zion scrolled through the photos, stopping at certain ones and explaining the story behind them. Amil wasn't sure why she was expecting to see something provocative that would break her spirit, but there was nothing of the sorts. Actually, it was pretty random.

"You remember this?" He questioned, clicking on the first video that they ever made together, the night they left the kickback and went to sit in his car. "Yeah..it was only a month ago." Amil smiled, still shocked at how bold she was that night. Not an ounce of liquor in her system, to say that it was liquid courage.

After his finger slipped and landed him out of his camera roll, he somehow made it to the Safari app, where a tab with her blog was open. To Amil's surprise, he was reading an entry that was old, which was confirmation that he was holding his word and reading everything in depth. Once Zion noticed that Amil saw, they looked over at each other with smiles on their faces.