Chapter Thirty Two - Trouble in Paradise

Hermione opened one eye very early on Sunday morning, so early the sun was still rising, to see Draco lying next to her with his mouth slightly open and one hand above his head. She smiled at the sight and scooted closer to him. Even asleep he felt her presence and wrapped an arm around her pulling her into him. Not that she was complaining. She had to get up early most mornings so having a lie in like this was a novelty. She gave a heavy sigh and closed her eyes dosing off into another comforting sleep.

When she woke up again, Draco's arm had gone, but his side of the bed was still warm so she knew he was just up before her. "That's great!" She heard from the other side of the room as she sat up and stretched. "You don't have to do that you know, we can get to it when we get home tomorrow."
"Oh I don't mind. I love to tinker, gives me something to do," a voice answered, and a smile spread across her face. Her father. She jumped out of bed, almost tripping on the loose sheet wrapped around her foot.
"Daddy?" She asked into the iPhone 3 in Draco's hand. Hermione was very much a Blackberry girl still, but she had to admit the touch screen aspect of the iPhone was intriguing.
"Hello my little sunflower," her father's voice echoed down the phone followed by a burp and gurgling noises. "That was not me," her father said quickly. "That was Sienna saying hello."

Hermione's face brightened even further. "Hello my little star," she cooed down the phone. "Mummy misses you so much!"
"Hey, daddy does too!" Draco pouted as Sienna gave a giggle. "Your father has hung those pictures for us in the hall, and he managed to fix the leak in the utility room sink. We should ask him to babysit more often."
"Happy to as long as I get paid in cuddles," William laughed.
"Draco's a great cuddler," Hermione giggled as Draco blushed. "Dad you should see the colour of Draco's cheeks right now." Draco rolled his eyes at his wife. He was well-used to him trying to embarrass her in front of her parents. But actually he has adapted very well to muggle life, even using phones and computers. His reactions to things Hermione has shown him, reminded her of Arthur Weasley.

"Sienna is doing absolutely fine," Monica said as she took the phone from her husband. "She slept all night and has fruit to munch on while we cook pancakes." Hermione smiled at the thought that her parents still did pancake Sundays like they did when she was growing up. "Then we are going to get dressed and go out to the pond to feed the ducks and go to the park. Narcissa and Lucius are joining us for dinner in the village, and then we are going to have a bubble bath and storied by the fire before bed. We have a whole day planned."
"Your father is keen to see how the new equipment is working out in the office so we are going to take a detour via the surgery on the way into town as well."
"Sounds like you have a great day planned," Draco said smirking at Hermione and making her heart flutter.

It still surprised Hermione that she felt these little butterflies and sparks when she looked at or touched Draco even after all these years. He still made her melt when he gave her own one of his award-winning smirks. She still got nervous when he was close to her. You would think after so many years together that this would be less so, but it was still as powerful for Hermione. And she had no idea that for Draco it was exactly the same.

"Now go and enjoy the rest of your day you two," Monica said after exchanging a few more pleasantries with Draco as Hermione daydreamed. "Everything is fine here. We are having a ball, time you two did as well." Hermione tilted her head. "After everything that happened yesterday you deserve to have a fresh start. Forget about that Ron boy."
'You told them?' she mouthed to Draco who smiled and shrugged.
"Yes he is not worth even thinking about. Go and enjoy the rest of your stay," William added.
"We will daddy," Hermione shook her head at her husband before they said their goodbyes and hung up the phone.

"I can't believe you told them," Hermione pouted as she headed to the bathroom to splash water on her face.
"Technically, my parents told them. Apparently Weasley's little charade made it into this morning's paper." Hermione cursed and blushed. "Only you would get embarrassed at cursing." He chuckled. "It doesn't matter. It's ancient history. We are not going to let him spoil our whole weekend." He pulled Hermione into him and kissed her. "Are we?"
She could never resist him. "No," she tried not to smile. "We are not. He is not worth it." She reached up on her tiptoes and kissed Draco. "You shower first, you smell!" She scrunched up her nose as Draco tickled her.
"Aw," he pouted. "And I was thinking we could shower together. You know in case you still need some help after last night. You might still feel a little weak." He looked down at her hopeful and gave her his best puppy dog eyes.
"You know," Hermione rolled her eyes as Draco grinned. "That's not a bad idea. I mean, just in case." She didn't get to say anything else as Draco scooped her up into his arms and run over to the shower.