CHP 6

~~~~~Present ~~~~~

KIM MILA

The car ride is filled with awkward silence. I can't tell anything from Taehyung's expressions. He was quiet throughout the reception and didn't want to stay long so we decided to leave but now he even refuses to talk to me.

It would be an understatement if I say I'm disappointed about my wedding day. Not that I have any conventional expectations from my wedding but I've always wanted to at least be on friendly terms with my husband. I think that's not asking too much but I guess my expectations are too high.

I don't know what to expect of Taehyung. Maybe he's just going to treat me like a breeding machine, that's the only reason he even agreed to marry me in the first place. He needs an heir, my father needs the money.

I let my gaze travel to him in the driving seat. He appears to be deep in thought, his eyes are fixed in front of him. The lights on the road illuminate his face, making his black eyes look like midnight. It takes my breath away each time I think of this man as my husband.

He catches me staring and looks at me in question, "Something wrong?"

"Just thinking about how many ladies must have gotten their hearts broken tonight."

He smiles, and that's the first time he's given me a genuine smile all evening, he doesn't open up easily. I'm going to have a hard time unravelling him, "It doesn't matter anymore."

"Why, of course, it does. You could have gotten married to any of those elegant, suave ladies but now you're stuck with a woman who has a debt to clear and you're going to raise a child that's not yours."

"If it weren't for you, my father would still force me to marry somebody. It could have been a shallow woman who wanted me for worse reasons. You're not a terrible bargain, Mila. Don't sell yourself short."

"What a wonderful compliment to receive from my husband on my wedding day!"

He gives me a weird look.

"What?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "Nothing. It's just strange to hear you call me your husband."

"What else do you prefer me to call you? Grandpa? aajushi?"

He chuckles, "Now that's taking it too far, but be completely honest with me. If it weren't for our fathers ganging upon us, you wouldn't be considering marrying me."

I laugh, lightly hitting his shoulder. I'm definitely flirting with him. "I've been told that my taste in men sucks so I could have ended up with a bank robber, or a serial killer and my dad already knew that."

"And now you're stuck with someone who is two decades older than you."

"Age is a number, besides I'm not interested in boys. I like mature men so you're good."