CHP 16

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

KIM MILA

I could have sworn I saw Taehyung's jaw ticking, but it was dark outside so the light could play tricks too.

Jungkook makes sure I'm inside the car when he steps back. "Can I text you sometime?"

"Sure."

He looks once at Taehyung before waving and giving me a parting smile.

When the car rolls forward, there's silence between us. Taehyung is yet to say a word since I've stepped inside.

Minutes drag on and I'm the first one to break the ice. "I wish I could have stayed longer. Everyone else is still there enjoying the party."

Taehyung looks at me. I can't decipher his expressions, but his tone is definitely not friendly when he says, "I'm sure you've had plenty of time to enjoy the party."

It's the bite in his voice that gives him away. "What does that mean?"

"I'm not stupid, Mila." He says, "I used to be the same age as you."

"Oh, really?" I tease him, "Wonder how many decades ago was that. I always thought you were born grumpy during the stone Age."

I laugh when he gives me a look filled with warning, "Point is, I know what goes on in these parties. What boys and girls are usually doing when their parents aren't around."

I glare at him. "What are you trying to say? That I was cosying up with somebody or doing drugs?"

"I never said that."

"But you insinuated it." I said.

"Who was that guy just now?"

"Jungkook?" I asked. "Oh, I just met him. He goes to Springfield High, and he's a friend of Yoongi's. They both are on the football team."

Taehyung stares straight ahead. "Do you like him?"

"He's nice."

I mean, he's more than nice. He's got those serious brown eyes that are guaranteed to melt you, and let's not forget that gorgeous body of a football player. There's also the part where he's easy to talk to and doesn't look at me like I'm a snotty kid, unlike someone I've known.

"Did you kiss him?" He asks me out of the blue.

"No."

After that, Taehyung doesn't ask me anything, and he's back to his broody self.

I would have thought it was jealousy, but I won't delude myself into thinking he's capable of that where I'm concerned. He's made it clear that he's not into me. Frankly, I'm wondering if romance is something that's on his radar or if Taehyung is going to die without it.