CHP 3

~~~~~Present Day~~~~~

KIM MILA

Taehyung doesn't look annoyed; he looks downright furious.

You would think I pissed in his coffee, put glue in his shampoo, and drew a moustache on his pretty face with a Sharpie while he was asleep.

The reason he's got his boxers in a twist is probably my father and his. Our sperm donors concocted a plan and came up with this ridiculous idea that getting us married would be the best thing that could happen to us.

I recall the embarrassing conversation I had yesterday with my father.

"Why would you want me to marry Taehyung of all people?" I asked him.

"Are you seriously asking me that? Do you remember I was the one who found your diary when you were fourteen with 'I heart TaeTae' in the last pages of the book?"

"Dad, that is beside the point. I was fourteen and stupid at that time."

"Fourteen and stupid sounds accurate."

"I don't need another man in my life right now, and I told you why!"

My father looks like he's going to explode with pent-up anger. "And I told you why you need one. All your life, you've been stubborn, reckless, stupid and I let you make your own decisions, not anymore, Mila."

"This is ridiculous," I say.

"Think about Taejun. He needs a father in his life, someone who can teach him to ride a bike, and be a better man!"

"You can be that person, Dad. I don't need a husband to teach Taejun to ride a freakin bike!"

.
"I'm getting old! I can't always be there for him. That little bunny sleeps with a Superman toy for god's sake! He doesn't need to believe in a superhero that doesn't exist. That emptiness he has to look up to someone needs to be filled with a man who can be a perfect Dad for Taejun."

"You're just using Taejun for what you want and stop calling him bunny. I know You want to kick me out of this house." Tears threatened to blur my vision.

"If I don't do what's necessary, you'll destroy your life."

"How is Taehyung okay with this?"

"He's probably not but his father is going to convince him."

"I'm not doing this."

I hear my father sigh as he sits down on the couch in front of me. "There's something else you need to know, something that I'm ashamed to say."

I don't want to ask him, but I do anyway.

His steel-grey eyes cut through mine, and if I thought my father was acting, that particular thought blew out of the window. It's a genuine shame he's feeling.

"I'm bankrupt."

"What?"

He hangs his head in guilt. "The company has debts in millions of dollars that I don't know how I'm going to pay."

"When did this happen?"

"A year." He croaks out.

"Why didn't you say anything?"