CHP 24

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

KIM TAEHYUNG

Mila looks scared, and she has every reason to be This puts everything at stake, and it's all my fault.

I should have just taken her upstairs to my bedroom rather than doing anything here. I didn't even realize that we would get caught like this.

If this started some rumour, it would damage both of us. and I can't risk that.

I quickly straighten up my appearance and follow the maid outside. She is already walking off the lawn when I call out to her.

She stops in her tracks and turns around. There's a neutral look on her face. I can't tell if she's planning something

"Sam, what you see there. I don't want you to misunderstand. Mila and I-"

"Mr. Kim , what you do in your personal life is none of my business," she says with a straight face.

The problem is, I don't believe this lady.

I push a check into her hand. "That is your price to make sure this doesn't leave this house.When you walked into the room, you saw me cooking, and Mila watching TV. If you need more money, all you need to do is ask."

I don't want to risk trusting this lady blindly. She's only been working for me for the last few months. The next thing I know, I might just appear on the news for having an affair with a girl much younger than me.

She takes the check from my hand, and her eyes go wide when she sees the amount written on it. It's a whopping two hundred thousand dollars just to keep her mouth shut, and I think I'm being very generous with my offer.

"You can use this as a college fund for your son," I suggest.

Sam's still staring at the check. "Thank you, sir. All I saw today was you cooking and Mam watching TV," she parrots my words like a robot.

"Good."

*****

There's still a nagging feeling inside me that this is all my fault. I should have been able to protect Mila from things like this, but I have failed miserably.

I don't deserve her.

I'm sitting in my bathroom's hot tub with a second glass of Jack, overthinking about everything that's happened so far. I hate myself for having such weak willpower when it comes to Mila.

Things could have been different if I'd just told Mila to get dressed and sleep in her room when she'd insisted on sleeping with me.