CHP 15

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

KIM MILA

"What kind of party is it?" Taehyung asks me in his stern, bossy tone.

I roll my eyes, "The usual type."

"Define usual. If it's going to have drinks, drugs and s*x, I can't allow you to go for this, Mila."

"I'm not doing any of that," I promised.

"When your dad comes back from his trip, you can go to the party. Right now, you're my responsibility and you're not going to any parties on my watch."

I had worn a really cute dress, and even did my makeup. Now Taehyung wanted to control my life even though he hasn't been around for a long time and I've always gone to these parties and I know how to look out for myself. It just proves how much of a child he thinks I am even though I'm an adult now.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. "All my friends are going to be there!"

He shrugs, "Not my problem."

"But I'm already eighteen. You know you can't stop me, right? My dad doesn't."

He laughs, "Why do I get the feeling like you keep throwing the I'm-eighteen' card at me to get things your way?"

.

Just then, the doorbell rings.

He gives me a suspicious look. "Who is that?"

Taehyung opens the door and quickly steps back. It's my classmate Amelia, the one who invited me to the party.

Amelia is one of the girls in school who hangs out with the popular crowd. The party's at Yoongi's place, who's in BTS and her boyfriend. All the guys who play sports are Yoongi's friends and I feel so lucky that I'm part of that crowd. If you want to get through high school, it doesn't hurt to stick with the popular gang, makes things easier.

She pushes past Taehyung and her eyes light up when she sees me on the stairs, "Oh gosh, Mila, you look so sexxxyyyy...I bet all the boys in the party won't be able to tear their eyes away from you."

Ha.ha. Taehyung, did you hear that?

Of course, Taehyung doesn't pay attention. He's busy texting someone on his phone.

"My babysitter says I can't go," I complain to her.

"Why the hell not?!" Amelia turns to Taehyung.

He gives her a bored look. "Because I don't trust these parties. I know what exactly goes on here."

"But we will do none of the things you think we'll be doing, right, Mila?"

I nod, "Please Taehyung. I owe you for this. All my classmates are going to be there. It's my only chance to make more friends, pleaseeee..🥺 "