CHP 29

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

 KIM MILA

Regret he does, but when he realizes the mistake he's made, it's already too late.

I put my bags in the living room and wait for my dad to pick me up from Taehyung's place. The entire day, Taehyung didn't come home, and he didn't return in the evening. so we never get to say a proper goodbye.

It was just a clean break to our relationship, or whatever that it was.

I text him a dozen times, but I don't get a response, except for one time, when he sends me two words.

Taehyung:- Take care

My eyes are filled with unshed tears, but I refuse to call him back again.

Dad keeps asking me if everything is okay. I guess he's picked up on the fact that I'm not happy for whatever reason, but then he lets it go after a few minutes of nagging, chalking it up to teenage tantrums.

I hole myself up inside my room and cry all day. I spend the weekend crying, because Taehyung won't even respond to my texts.

For an entire week, I refuse to go to school. Even though I plan not to call Taehyung again, I cave in and call Taehyung several times a day. I've become the kind of girl I swore I would never become, but my heart hurts so much.

I reluctantly pull myself out of bed when Amelia calls. She says she wants to meet me. While I'm in no mood to speak to anyone. I'm making everyone suspicious by acting depressed.

I quickly change into a tank top and a pair of shorts. It's skimpy, but I'm not in the mood to play dress-up.

When Amelia meets me outside, she wraps me in a hug.

"Hey girlie, how are you feeling now?"

The urge to cry was there, but I needed to control my emotions. "I'm okay."

"Well, you don't look okay," she comments, looking concerned. "Mila. I'm your friend. You should tell me what this is about. Is it...is it some guy?"

I nod.

I want to tell her everything, but at the same time, I know she's going to parrot it to her boyfriend, Yoongi, even though she has the best of intentions. That's her flaw. And then Yoongi might not tell someone else. but he might kill Taehyung.

"I'm sorry, it's too painful to talk about. Maybe I can you some other time?"

"Of course." she says, "Jungkook was concerned about you."

Jungkook's been texting me, too, and I haven't been too enthusiastic about our chats because 99 percent of my brain is preoccupied with my breakup with Taehyung.