CHP 12

~~~~~Present~~~~~

KIM MILA

I won't cry, and it would be a shame if Taehyung made me cry again because he has done it a dozen times before and he had no problem feigning innocence later. He's cold as fucking Antarctica and I already knew that and yet married him thinking I would make this work.

Part of the problem lies within me. I'm not strong enough to say 'No' to my son. I don't even recall the last time I ever yelled at him. That's bad parenting right there.

I feel guilty that he doesn't have a father. I feel bad when he talks about his friends and their dads and wishes he had one too.

Tears cloud my vision, but I won't shed a single tear in front of Taehyung.

Your son carved a Gingerbread man over his expensive shirts. What else did you expect, Mila?

Well, I expected Taehyung to be a little more understanding. Motherhood is difficult, especially for me. I struggle with raising Taejun every single day. I don't have answers to some of his innocent questions, so it would have been nice if Taehyung had suggested taking some load off me and tried to at least become a father figure, if not his dad.

I don't know where to go. Zoe would welcome me with open arms in her apartment, but I can't be a third wheel. The couple just moved in together a few months ago, so they are still in their honeymoon phase. Zoe can also see through my bullshit, so chances were that she would find out that things weren't great between Taehyung and me, and then she'd throw a pity party.

Jun sits on his bed, giving me a confused look. "Why are we going back to Grandpa's? You said this was our home now.

On second thought, going home seemed like a bad idea considering I'd have to answer my dad's list of questionnaires of when, who, and why and I'd rather board a sinking ship than endure that.

I also don't want to risk driving late at night when the crime rate is on the rise, but staying here isn't an option either.

I had a cousin living forty-five minutes from here. I could go to his place tomorrow morning.

***

KIM TAEHYUNG

Mila was avoiding me. And not just that. She was also doing a good job of keeping Jun away from me.

Okay, I know I fucked up. I could have handled it in a much better way, but instead, I let my temper get the better of me.

When I woke up in the morning, there was no sign of her in our bedroom. I assumed she went into the kitchen to offer her help. Mila had the house staff wrapped around her finger. They aren't just happy; they are ecstatic about having her as a part of this family.