CHP 23

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

KIM MILA

I start marching toward them when Taehyung grabs my arm. When I look up at him, he's shaking his head. "Let them think whatever they want to," he says.

"I can't tolerate them talking shit about you!"

"Mila, it's okay. They don't know what we have together, and we don't need to go out of our way to explain our relationship to anyone. You and I know what we feel for each other, and that is enough."

My knuckles have gone white with the way I'm clenching my fist. He picks my hand up and kisses it.

One of the people from the group sees Taehyung and me and shuts up immediately. Their expressions change, and they're not laughing anymore.

We get into the car, but I'm really upset. I hate this is happening because all of it is my fault. I should have known better than to bring Taehyung here, of all places.

People will talk, that's clear, and this will go on in the future as well.

Even if I waited for him for ten years, he would not stop ageing, and the distance between us is never going to lessen.

Tears cloud my vision as I try not to cry.

He holds my hand throughout the ride home and even buys my favourite food just to cheer me up, but it's not working.

He notices that my mood is still sour, even though he's just bought me a giant chocolate milkshake.

When he parks the car in the parking lot, he cuts the engine and turns to me.

"Mila, you already knew this was inevitable, right? When we're out in public, it's always going to be this way, and yet you decided it was okay for me to come with you."

"I'll be fine." I put on a bright fake smile. "Really."

The next morning, I'm still grumpy. I have my head on Taehyung's lap as I try to watch a movie with him. His fingers slowly massage my scalp. "Baby, it's okay. Stop thinking about it."

"Hmmm..."

"Should I distract you?" His deep voice makes my toes curl.

"Please do, sir."

His hands push my dress up to find that I'm not wearing any underwear. He laughs. "Why are you not wearing your pant!es?"

I m0an. "So that you could have better access to me whenever you want to."

This is definitely a good distraction.

When his fingers hit my center, my moans grow louder.

KIM TAEHYUNG