CHP 27

~~~~~PRESENT~~~~~

KIM MILA

It's been a few days since that night Taehyung visited my bedroom and we made love. His words keep coming back to me. It's like a slap to my face,

.

"If you decide you can do better without me, Mila, I won't hold a grudge against you. Even if you leave."

I want him to realize that I'm here because I want to be and not because I'm forced to marry him. Okay, maybe we got married on those terms, but I'm choosing to stay.

Lately. I've been noticing how the permanent frown on his face loosens up, and I like to believe it's happening because of me.

Unless he's got a super-hot secretary that makes him smile often, now that would be a major problem.

Knowing Taehyung, it's impossible he's having an affair with his secretary. He's too strict and easily annoyed.

Snapping at people is his hobby, and he's bad at relationships, with the attention span of a goldfish for women who like to talk, yet I'm curious to know if his secretary is prettier than I am.I've seen the name sunshine flash on the screen of his phone when he's excused himself during dinner and exited the dining hall to answer the phone a few times before.

And Taehyung hardly leaves the table during dinner unless it's very important. Maybe sunshine is the reason he likes to stay in the office until late hours, or maybe I'm just going crazy with jealousy.He returned after midnight four days in a row, and I completely understand that it's his work that keeps him busy. I'm an understanding wife, but there's a demon inside my head who whispers things to me.

After everything that happened in the past, I'd sworn to never take men seriously, and here I am worried and jealous about my husband spending late nights in the office.

"Mila, you're to jail."

"Uh, what?"

My father-in-law, Jin, points at the Monopoly board in front of us. "You're in jail, darling."

"Oh, yeah, right."

Jun sniggers in the seat beside mine. "Mommy's a criminal, hee hee hee."

"It's not a good thing to laugh at your mother, Jun, not when you've been in and out of jail five times already."

Jun pouts and rolls the dice almost angrily. He's got a lot of fake money, and he likes showing it off.

He picks up a small red house with his pudgy hands and places it on the board with a triumphant look on his face, a look that constantly reminds me of someone I shouldn't remember. "I'm buying a house in Mayfair."