CHP 18

~~~~~PAST~~~~~

KIM TAEHYUNG

Taehyung: I can't make it home early. I'm sorry. I have an urgent meeting. Can we do this dinner some other time?

Mila responds in five minutes.

Mila: Good thing, I didn't even start getting ready because I know you so well, Mr Kim.

Taehyung: Order some food. It will get late so don't wait for me.

Mila: Got it, sir.

Mila calling me that suddenly makes me hard.

I regret doing this to her, but I don't have a choice. I have an urgent client meeting tomorrow and I have to start making preparations for it, which will take a lot of my time.

To make up for it, I got a big bouquet of roses and a teddy bear because Mila loves those things. I don't know what's going on between us, and it scares me. I'm not going to cross the boundaries that I have set.

I had agreed to let her stay in my house because I thought my will was made of iron until she was actually living with me, and I realize how wrong I'd been. She takes up a lot of space on my mind, so much that I can't concentrate at work and after last night, it's even harder.

I can't get her out of my head. Mila crawled into my bed, asking me to touch her in that seductive voice.

Fuck.

Mila's too young for me, but she's a grown woman who knows what she's doing. She has zero experience with men, but somehow, she knows how to play with my emotions.

By twelve, I pull the car into the parking lot and give myself some pep talk. Whatever she's been scheming won't work on me. A week from now she'll be able to go back to her house. Until then, I'd have to handle her.

When I enter the house, there's a faint scent of something Italian, like pasta or pizza, then I see a medium-sized box of pizza on the kitchen counter and an empty can of soda.

I smile. She's so clumsy, she doesn't even know how to put things back. I close the pizza box, put the food back in the refrigerator, and make my way upstairs.

There's no sign of her in the living room, and no sound from the bedroom upstairs either, so I put the flowers in a vase and placed the teddy bear in my room. Usually, Mila stays up late binging on some series, but I guess she must be furious about me standing her up for our dinner date.

I strip off my clothes and get into the shower. I take a long time in there, thinking about a lot of things, but mostly about what I'm going to do about my growing desire for her. I have feelings for Mila, and I'm aware of how strong these feelings are, and the worst part is that I don't know how to fight them.