CHP 14

~~~~~PRESENT~~~~~

KIM MILA

"Taehyung!" I shriek, but it's too late. Taehyung has already punched Kwak in the face, and he looks furious. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Kwak seems stunned, but he's too shocked to say anything.
Taehyung storms into the room, grabs my hand and pulls me out of the apartment. The door shuts behind us.

"I've been looking all over for you. Everyone's been worried and you're here enjoying yourself with your... your friend."

I glare at him. "He's my cousin for god's sake!"

"What?"

I feel like gouging his eyes out. "Yes. My cousin, Kwak. He attended the wedding, and even if he wasn't related to me, you don't have any right to just waltz in here and create drama."

He sighs, "I'm sorry."

"Apologize to him, not me. If it wasn't for Kwak allowing Jun and me to stay with him, I don't know where I would have gone."

He runs his fingers through his hair and walks into the apartment again. I know how much he hates when he's wrong, so this must suck for him.

Kwak is a sport. He takes it easy. If that were me, I probably would have punched Taehyung in return.

We're all sitting together on the couch, staring at each other. Taehyung is not used to sitting with people and having conversations, so this must be very uncomfortable for him. I can tell from his expressions that he's looking for excuses to bolt, but finds none. He's great when he's left to his devices because he's a king on his turf, which is his office, but apart from that, he hates socializing. He would rather eat glass than actually try to talk to people.

I'm not going to 'fix him' because that's not why I married Taehyung. I know love is off the table, but as long as I'm going to live under the same roof as him, I'm going to try my best to thaw the ice.

Kwak is the first to speak. "I'll be in my room. If you guys need me, just call okay."

When Kwak leaves, the room fills with silence. I'm not going home unless Taehyung is sincere about having me back in his house.

He clears his throat. "I apologize for the things I've said to you about Jun. I didn't mean any of it."

His azure eyes pierce right through me. They hold an intensity that always takes my breath away.