Episode 1

"Rania come here now!" Hameedah yelled at her younger sister.

" Usani daru, I'm coming it's the last episode" This girl has the nerves to tell me to wait.

" Mi marate fa, come here now, I need help" ( I'll slap you)

" I'm here calm down now" As she tried to carry and piece of wings in the cooler but I hit her hand.

" My husband is coming back today and I need everything to be perfecto, Have you fixed my room?" I was stirring the pot filled with biryani.

" Masu husband, sha I have finished "

" Yes my husband, you know you can't relate, anyhow, I need to take a shower, can you please put the food in the cooler and set the table and I did not say you should steal some chicken, Because I will know" I walked off without waiting for her reply because she had to do it. Perks of having a younger sister.

" How will she know abeg lemme take one" She mumbled thinking I didn't hear her.

" I counted!" I chuckled. My sister can be a handful and a spoilt brat but she really helped me these past few weeks since Ahmad wasn't around and I was getting closer to my due date.

I got into the shower and relaxed in the bath before coming out. I checked the time and it was 7:30pm and Ahmad's plane is at 8 so I decided to stay in my pink robe before I put on my clothes. I headed to the parlour to see what that brat was doing to see her loosing her braids in my parlour!

" Wallahi Rania, if I see a single hair strand anywhere in this parlour, you will sweep the whole house" I slumped on the 3 sitter.

" ah ah, calm down now, my hair doesn't even shed and even if it does, I will clean it up." She secretly rolled her eyes which I saw but chose to ignore.

I was too exhausted to argue with her so I snatched the remote from her hand and resumed my comfort show: Gilmore girls ( oh how I love that show).

I didn't even realise when I was picked up, I knew it was only one person that would do that, Ahmad.

He placed a soft kiss on my lips and I returned it but quickly pulled away when I realised that Rania was in the room.
" Haba hamma, I know you missed your wife but you totally forgot about me" she feinged hurt.

" You know I can't never forget my minion." He said as he gently dropped me down on the chair and did his little handshake with Rania. She quickly ran off to the room to answer a phone call so I took that opportunity to tease him a bit.

" You look hot as always bebe, I missed you so much" I dropped my hands over his shoulder as he placed his hands on my waist.

" I missed you more Amore, how are the babies?" He crouched down to the level of my stomach and gave it a kiss.

" They are good but I think they sensed you weren't around because they wouldn't do those nightly kicks that they usually do but Alhamdullilah" I said as I slumped back on the chair. These days I've been feeling so restless and I get tired a-lot.

I noticed he looked a bit tired so I dragged him to our room and waited for him on the bed while he freshened up. I put on my comfy pajamas on and was waiting for him so we could go eat.

He came out a few minutes later and headed to the closet to change, I was busy scrolling on tiktok that I forgot about food. I found him coming out of the closet so we headed to the dining as I served him some rice, wings and drink.

We ate in silence as we were both lost in our thoughts. Since before he left, things have been a bit weird between us but I think I'm the one overthinking it.

I took the dishes to the sink as I washed the stuff that I can then went to the living room to join him there. The living room is one of my favourite places in the house, it just feels so calm and relaxing.

We decided to watch a movie on netflix called ' Divergent', it was a very interesting movie but I felt sleepy towards the end, so we went back to the room

I got into bed and was on my phone when he got into bed and sighed.

" Is something wrong?, you seem tensed" I asked worriedly

" I'm good, just sleepy" He said massaging his temples.

" That's what you've been telling me anytime I ask you what's wrong, your always shutting me off and I honestly feel neglected" I said in one breath because I needed to get that off my chest.
" Neglected, wow" He scoffed.

" Yes neglected, it's like we just live together but we don't have those our conversations, it just feels like your mad at me or something"

" Hameedah please, I'm tired, I don't want to fight with you this night" He turned the other way. I didn't know I was even crying until I felt the tear on my lips. I was so hurt but I just left him and switched off my lamp and slowly drifted to sleep.

HEY GUYS I KNOW THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT WELCOME TO MY STORY.

IVE HAD THIS STORY IN MY HEAD FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND I FINALLY HAVE THE COURAGE TO PUBLISH. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY.

LOVE MARYAM💓

Comment and vote