Episode 18

Ahmad got back a few hours ago and was chatting with Rania while I was on my phone. Its weird for me that they are talking comfortably like this but it's not her fault, she doesn't know that side of him.

I decided to tell him about lubna's birthday before I started the preparations.

" Rania, please go check on the tuwo and put it in the leddar" I spoke.

" Kai Adda dai" she mumbled.

" What did you say?" I said and she shook her head and sauntered to the kitchen

I was thinking of the way to tell him, either informing him that I have already taken the job or asking him.

Here goes nothing.

" Um, My friend is having a surprise birthday party and I was asked to cater it" I twirled my hair.

" We have talked about th-" I cut him off and spoke.

" I know but I really want to do this, ok?" I said

" Ok fine" He said.

" Thanks"

Rania came back a few minutes later and slumped back on the chair, I went back on my phone.

It was already maghrib so I went to my room to pray and relax a bit.

The twins have been quite peaceful these days and I'm not complaining. It's just been a hectic month so I really need that rest.

I heard the doorbell ring and went to open the door when I heard some voices in the living room.

I was wearing a vest and sweatpants so I put on an abaya and wrapped the veil around my head neatly.

It was Anti and Anty indo.

" Ina wuni Anti, Ina wuni Anty indo" I squatted down to greet them.

" Lafiya, sai ki bar mijin ki ya Bude kofa" she has started. ( Then you'll let your husband to open the door)

" Ah ah ba haka bane, ina sallah ne" I replied getting up to get some refreshments for them. ( it's not like that, I was praying).

I went into the kitchen and huffed the air that I was holding. Everytime they come, I have anxiety.

I sent fauziya to get the twins and take them to the living room to see them.

I got a few drinks and water from the fridge and put them on the tray alongside with samosas and kebabs.

I took the tray to the parlour and sat on the farthest chair away from them and Ahmad because they seemed to be having a private conversation.

After a few minutes I overhead Anty indo saying that 'they will be coming next tomorrow and will stay for a week'.

I just ignored it and went back to my phone when I heard them talking and it seemed that it was directed to me so I dropped the phone and looked their way.

" Ke, wai bara ki kula mu bane" Anti spat.( You're not going to acknowledge us)

I was about to speak when Ahmad interrupted me.

" Anty's daughter and Anty indo's daughters are coming to this house next tomorrow and are spending a week." Oh god, those girls are coming. Samha is Anty's daughter and she is a stuck up brat, she is disrespectful.

The other two are Anty indo's kids, Nabilla is also like samha but she is very outspoken and can say anything to anyone ( not me sha) and is very touchy with Ahmad.

Iman is the other daughter, she is my favourite, although she is quite reserved, she is always respectful and helps me out alot when they gang up on me. She is nothing like the rest.