Episode 9

I slept off crying and when I woke up, my head was pounding.

I finally got out of bed and for a second, I forgot I had little ones to take care of.

I quickly took my bath and changed into a pair of sweatpants and an over sized shirt. I braided my hair into two and went to the nursery but they were not there.

I found Rania feeding them and I was so thankful for her.

" Thanks Rani, irin Anty ko" I chuckled and sat near her.

" Ofcourse, Adda I have something to ask you" She said nervously.

" Sure, what's up?" I asked.

" What happened between you and Hamma?" She asked

" um why do you think something happened?" I tilted my head

" Because I saw him coming out of your room and he looked angry"

" Ah don't worry about that, just petty couple fights, you know you can't relate" I tried to divert the conversation.

" Well I actually can" she smirked and I gasped

" Laaa, this girl, who is it?" I squealed

" Fareed, from school" she shyly said and handed me Awwal so she can feed Amma.

" Oh my god, lala's brother!"

" Yh but we are taking things slow for now so please don't tell Mummy" She looked at Amma.

" Haba I won't, your secret is safe with me" I said and stood up with a sleepy Awwal in my hand.

I went to the nursery to get their wrapper and put him on my back. This was the third time I was doing it and I was getting the hang of it it but I was still scared.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast and saw Ahmad in the parlour with Hamma shehu.

Did he sleep here?

No

Maybe he went home and came early

Whatever I couldn't care less

I glanced at them and went into the dining and put some food on my plate, I put golden yam, grilled sausage, spicy sauce that I love and poured some orange juice into a cup.

I began eating when I felt a presence in the room, I didn't look up to know who it was and I wasn't going to.

" So this is how we're doing this right?" He said but I ignored him and drank my juice

" Hameedah I'm talking to you" he said

" You did something wrong, you won't apologise, I'm trying to talk to you but your not replying so I don't know what to do with you" He said and thats when I looked at him.

" You don't know what to do with me? How about apologising for pushing me or Jumping to conclusions when you saw what you saw" I said

" Hameedah i apologise for pushing you but I dont apologise for how I reacted, you know it was wrong and you shouldn't have let him in the first place" He held my hand firmly.

" I'm sorry, I was wrong for letting him enter, yesterday was alot and I was just overwhelmed so I didn't really think much of it" I apologised

" it's ok, How are they?" He pointed at Awwal on my back.

We talked and I was telling him the story of when I was awake by 2am and they were crying and I also joined them.

I finished my breakfast and joined him and hamma shehu in the living room.