Episode 21

I finally got home by 8 and god I was tired. The drive home was long due to the extreme traffic jam that I got stuck in.

I already called Ahmad and told him about it so when I came back, I went to my room to change my clothes into something comfortable.

" How was it?" He said.

" It was a success Alhamdullilah, the guests really liked it" I took off my cap and untied my hair so it could breathe.

" Masha Allah, you didn't save some for us" He said.

" I did, it's in the fridge, let me tell fauziya to warm it" I went to their room and told her and came back to my previous position.

" Yusuf really liked the food and is coming to collect more tommorow morning" I chuckled.

" Yusuf kuma? What was he doing there?" He asked.

" Yh, it was his friend's sister's birthday ai" I said hoping he won't ask who the friend is.

" Who?" He looked at me and I kept quiet for a few seconds before answering.

" Ali" I looked at the TV because I could feel his gaze on me.

He kept quiet and went back to the TV. I couldn't read his reaction, I hope it wasn't a bad one.

She finished warming it and it's like the smell of the food brought all of them out of the room.

Rania set the table and we all sat down, it had everything that I made because I didn't want to come back home and make dinner again.

" Hameedah, this is amazing" Iman said and samha nodded smiling. Wow.

" Adda I literally can't stop eating" Rania stuffed her mouth with another bite of the pasta.

I chuckled.

" Thanks" I said and looked at him but he wasn't saying anything but was eating.

He is very picky with his food and you can tell if he likes something by his body language.

We finished and the only thing that remained was a bit of pasta and the pot roast. They finished everything.

Samha helped me to pack the dishes and surprisingly, Nabila was quiet all through and didn't say a word.

She said she wanted to talk to me so we went to the outside seating area. I made an ice coffee and took it out with me.

We sat down and I cleared my throat, the atmosphere was quick awkward.

" Hameedah I have been wanting to talk to you for a while now, my conscience has been haunting me for all the things I accuse you of and done to you. You have been nothing but kind to us since we came to your house but we treated you so badly.

Since you got married to yaya, we have resented you because our mom's wanted Nabila to get married to him so they got angry when Daddy overruled their decision and got yaya married to you.

We have been awful and I feel so bad for what we have done to you. That time that Dada's tea had cinnamon and she was allergic to it, and we blamed you, it was us and you knew but decided to keep quiet and all the blame was landed on you.

I beg you, forgive me, forgive me for all the things I and Nabila have done including our mothers. I have been worse than horrible and in scared of karma because its real. Ki yafe min" She said with tears on her eyes. I didn't know what to say, I was speechless.

I didn't think before I hugged her as she instantly sobbed in my shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes  before I pulled away and wiped her tears.