Episode 7

I tried opening my eyes but the room was really bright.

I tried opening it again but the same thing so I kept on trying until I got used to the light.

" She's awake" Rania said as she ran to me and hugged me.

I looked around the room and saw Mummy, Mami, Salma and Rania.
Mami was holding a baby and Salma was holding one too.

" Sannu Hameedah, noi bandu" Mami said.

" Alhamdullilah" I weakly said. I was still feeling weak but a bit better.

" Hameedah do you want some kunu?"Mummy came to my side with a bowl of kunu and I nodded.

She fed me until I couldn't eat anymore.
Baba came in and after everyone greeted him, he came closer to me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

" I decided to come see my daughter first before the babies, because you're my baby and I'm so proud of you" He said with tears in his eyes which made me tear up.

" Thank you baba, now your baby has her own babies" I replied and he chuckled.

" Lalai kam, how are you ama?" He held my hand.

" I'm OK, a bit tired but ok" I sighed

" OK then lemme leave you to rest, I'll be back later" He said and kissed my forehead before leaving.

He met Ahmad at the door and they exchanged pleasantries before coming into the room.

He greeted Mummy and mami and touched the babies so I guessed he held them when I was asleep, he walked towards me.

I got so emotional when I saw him and ad soon as he sat down, I mustered all my energy and hugged him.

" It's ok, I'm so proud of you, you did amazing even though I was not there" He whispered in my ears.

I didn't care that his mum was here because of all the emotions I was feeling at the moment.

"How was it on a scale from one to ten?" He smiled

" Thousand, it was horrible, ai I passed out after" I said

" I'm sorry for not being there, we could hear your screams from the waiting place fa" He chuckled

" ah it wasn't that bad fa" I said.

" Have you held them yet?" He said and I shook my head.

He got up and took the baby from mami
and motioned for Salma to bring the other one.

Mummy noticed that this was a special moment so they all left the room.

He handed me the one in his hand and the baby was covered in a blue blanket and he held the baby covered in the pink blanket.

I looked at the baby and all the tiredness went away, I looked at him in admiration.

" Welcome to the world my little prince" I kissed his nose.

" What do we name them?" He asked.

" I really like Maryam and her nickname can be Amma" I said

" I love it, Maryam Amma. For him we should do Muhammad Awwal"

" Maryam and Muhammad, Amma and Awwal, Allah ya raya su, may they be the coolness of our eyes."

" Ameen, Have you tried feeding them?" He said.

" No I'm waiting for Mummy to show me how" I laughed.

" OK lemme call her" He gave me Amma and left.

Mummy came in and helped me with breastfeeding them. Awwal got the hang of it but Amma couldn't so I kept on trying.