Episode 17

It has been almost a week since this happened, I have been battling with myself whether to leave or not but he said he won't ever do it again.

I know you think I'm pathetic, but I'm doing it for my kids.

Sigh.

I can't seem to eat or do anything so all day, I'm in the twins room playing with them.

He apologised a few days ago and I had mixed feelings about the apology but anyways.

Today was the day that I decided to deep clean the whole house.

I started with my room and vacuumed the whole room then cleaned surfaces and washed the toilet. That's what I did for all the rooms and to say I was tired was an understatement, my neck was hurting so bad.

I finished by 5pm and Ahmad was coming back soon and I was lazy to cook so I told fauziyah to cook spaggeti and stew. I was feeling a bit under the whether.

She finished cooking and set the table as I took a long shower. I took extra time to take care of myself because I really needed me time.

I didn't recognise myself that night and I swore to never let anyone do that to me again.

I came out of the bathroom and wore my workout clothes. I was going for a run.

Being outdoors made me discover myself better and prioritise myself and my kids first.

I wore it and took a grey vintage scarf to match the fit.

I took my water bottle and put on my favourite new balance. I went out and started to jog around the compound before I went out the gate.

I left my phone at home because it will distract me and I ran for 20minutes. I felt calmness and so in touch with myself, I did alot of reflecting and thinking and I really liked the run. It was a bit past golden hour and the sky was beautiful since it wasn't long when it rained. The wind was cold and breezy and had this calmness to it.

I ran back home because it was getting a bit dark and I thought Ahamd should be back by now and I didn't tell him.

oops..

I got inside the house and saw his car parked in its usual spot. I got in and went straight to the kitchen to drink water.

I rested my hand at the edge of the fridge and sighed. I was exhausted. I heard movement and turned around.

" Where were you?" He asked.

" Running" I sighed heavily out of exhaustion.

" Why didn't you inform me and I was calling you" he asked.

" Slipped my mind and I left the phone at home" I tried to walk past him but he held me back.

" Hameedah I told you that I'm sorry, forgive me already" He held my face.

" Who told you I haven't, please can i pass?" I released myself from him grip without waiting for a reply and went to my room.

I took a quick shower and came out and sat on my bed after putting on my pajamas and called Rania.

" Hello Adda" she chirped

" Hello Rani, noi?" I asked.

" Jam, I'm fine, how are those demons?" She laughed.

" If you call my kids demons again I'll break your head and they are fine" I said.

" Sorry ma, ehe I'm coming tomorrow because Mummy is going to Saudi with baba so I'll be staying for about two weeks" she said