xɪɪɪ.

xɪɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ɪɴᴅɪᴀ
____________________________________
After spending another one of her grandmother's birthday's, Yaz came to the Doctor with a request.

The time lady frowns at the broken watch face. Odessa stands at her side with a disapproving look.

"I know what you're asking. But family history and time travel? Very tricky.", The Doctor sighs, remembering what happened last time she intervened with something like that.

"Just for an hour. See her from a distance. What's the point of having a mate with a time machine, if you can't nip back and see your gran when she were younger?", Yaz pleads.

Odessa pulls a lever, sending spark flying and the time rotor sounding. She and the Doctor are the only one's in protective welder's aprons and protective glasses.

"Er... Have you got a time or place?", The Doctor asks.

"Doctor!", Odessa cries.

"I know she lived in Lahore in the '50s, but, other than that...", Yaz trails off as Tilira smirks.

"Lahore you say? Do you mean that wh-"

"Lira!", Alfi cries out, working out what she's about to say.

"You're not seriously considering this. Are you?", Odessa pouts at her lover.

"I mean, I could, but Odie's right. I shouldn't. Unless... No, too unpredictable."

"Could what?", Ryan prods.

"Ryan! Don't encourage this!", Odessa says.

"It's a risk.", The Doctor admits.

"Oh, like none of our other trips have ever been risky."

"I have apologised for the Death Eye Turtle Army. Profusely.", The Doctor exclaims.

"It's okay, Love. I forgave you.", Odessa pats her shoulder.

The Doctor smiles before turning back to face the fam.

"Suppose I could loop this into the Tardis' telepathic circuits."

By now, Odessa has given up on arguing against this idea. She knows that the Doctor has already made up her mind.

"This thing's telepathic, too?", Graham scoffs.

"Don't call her a thing, Graham!", The Doctor shouts at the same time as Odessa.

"She's not a thing!"

"And yes, she does have telepathic navigation, sort of. Shorthand for a very complicated process which is way beyond your understanding.", The Doctor mutters, but they all hear her.

Odessa scoffs.

"Doubt it.", She mumbles only to find the time lady glaring at her.

"Ta very much. I only hang around here to be insulted.", Graham comments, not noticing their interaction.

"Any object amasses all sorts of fragmentary spatio-temporal particles through its life. The Tardis can read it, like date-stamps. What do you lot reckon?", She explains before turning to rest of the fam for their input.