39- You're not my friend

"-Completely useless, how could you let this happen?! What kind of 'guardians' are you, you lost three children in the less than twenty four hours that they were in your care. I should smite you both where you stand, and I am... I'm at a loss for words!" Lorelai berated.

"For a loss of words, that's a long scolding you gave them, thirty four minutes and seven seconds to be precise," Jack informed her, stopping the stopwatch he'd been timing her on.

"Oh shut up you,"

"-Al- Alright Lorelai, could you possibly please stop killing us?" Bunny asked. Lorelai relaxed the magic coils that wrapped around him and North.

"I'm surprised you're still alive," Min noted. Lorelai glared at her.

"That's it, I'm going after them," Lorelai decided.

"Alright, where do we start?" Tooth asked.

"We? What we?" Lorelai asked, slightly confused.

"Well, we want to help-"

"How? In what way have you helped me? Because by my memory, I have saved your lives numerous times, stopped Pitch from interfering in your problems, brought you into my home, which oh yeah, left it defenseless to attacks from Pitch, listened to your conspiracy theories and mistrust, worked with you all for a week, and stayed up all night. And what have you all done for me?" she snapped.

"I, you-" Bunny stuttered.

"Don't you say I didn't need help. I've needed help since before the dark ages, but no one gave it to me. So I helped myself. So no, I don't need your help. I-I lost everything. And then I gained some things. But I'll never gain what I lost back ever again, and that's partly because of you. So forgive me if I don't want to lose what little I've gained by letting you help me, because we all know that in reality, that's just me helping you!" she pointed at them.

"Lorelai, please. We're your friends," Tooth said. Lorelai laughed.

"Friends? Oh we are not friends. Friends don't put their other friend's children in danger. My girls are missing, in the hands of a psychopathic madman. They could be tortured till they loose their minds! That does not put you in the friend boat. You-you're in the same boat as Life! And Life is not my friend," she insisted.

"Lorelai, you have to trust us-"

"You see, the thing is I don't. That's the one thing you don't understand. You don't trust me and I don't trust you. That's the way it's been and that's the way that it will be. This was stupid, I should have left ages ago. I was a fool for thinking that this would ever work. Elizabella, Min. We're leaving." she decided.

"Of course, we'll meet you in Hades in a minute," Min said.

"But Lorelai, you are guardian. The moon-" North reminded her.

"Is not my master, nor my keeper, nor my friend. I don't trust him, don't owe him any favors; in fact all that listening to him has done is ruin everything. So I don't care what the moon thinks, wants or says." And she turned on her heel and fled into the woods.

A minute later, she heard Jack come chasing after her.

"Lorelai wait! Please come back. I'm sorry about the triplets, but I promise that we can find them, together," he called out.

"No, no we won't. Bringing you along, bringing any of you along will only get them killed. The only way I can do this is by myself," she told him.

"Lorelai, I've fought Pitch before and believe me, the only way to beat him is together-"