Epilogue

*3 years later*

"Chlo, stop fucking moving before I just wipe eyeshadow across your whole face." I huff.

"If you do that, I'm getting a new Maid of Honor." she says crankily.

"Right... Good luck. Now stay still."

She scoffs at me and stares into the mirror. I know she's just nervous, so I brush it off. This is her wedding day, it's a big deal for her, but this is exactly why Jay and I did not go even remotely traditional for our wedding earlier this year. I couldn't deal with the stress. All for one day? No thank you. But there's many people like Chloe, who find it worth it, so... To each their own.

Finally finishing up Chloes makeup, she fidgets with her hair a little and heads to put on her dress. While I wait, I stare at my wonderful husband, who's sitting at the back of the room in his suit, just smiling at me. It's a little strange to be married before Chloe, I always had a feeling that she'd be married first, especially since her and Delilah got together before Jay and I. Chloe proposed to Delilah about 2 years ago, they just took forever to plan their wedding because they both take it very seriously and there was a lot going into it. Of course Chloe bought a ring from Tiffany's, since she works there. It was rather cute because Delilah had been in there a few times and casually pointed out all the rings she thought were beautiful, and of course put extra emphasis on her favorite. To this day, she still claims it was innocent and not a sneaky hint at Chloe but... We all know the truth. Nonetheless, it worked out perfectly.

Jay proposed to me in the middle of last year, so we were only engaged for a little over 7 months before getting married, but neither of us wanted a big or "traditional" wedding, nor did we have high expectations for anything so it was easy to plan and execute. Just us, Chloe, Delilah, Mike, Ryan and Ryan's girlfriend, Taylor. Ryan is ordained so he officiated, and we just went to a park with a beautiful view of the sunset for the ceremony, and then out to dinner afterwards. It was beautiful, simple, and a total blast. The 7 of us actually got a bit tipsy that night when we got back to Jay and I's house, and it was a whole night of non-stop laughter and fun.

A few months ago, we actually settled into our new home. We finally bought a house. We started looking very shortly after getting engaged, but it took a while to find something that felt right. A little before that, Chloe and Delilah had actually just done the same. That's partially why it took them so long to get married. They started looking for houses just to see what the market was like, and totally by accident, found their dream home. Needless to say, they got it.

Jay and I now live about 15 minutes away from them. It's not the same as being walking distance from them, but it's still very close.

Chloe finally walks out from the dressing room, in her floor length, strapless white dress. The fit-and-flare style is exactly what she wanted for her dress. It compliments her so well. I tear up a little bit as she spins around to show me the final look. I feel like a proud mom.

"No crying. At least not yet. I can't ruin my makeup!" she scolds me.

"I'm sorry." I chuckle, choking back a tear.

I hook my arm with hers, escorting her out while Jay holds the door for us. As we get outside, we stand behind the wall waiting for the music. I peak around the corner and see Delilah already up there, as she's supposed to be. Her dress is floor length, white, and long sleeved. It suits her so well.