Chapter 08 Strange

It's getting daylight.

No one would have thought that the queen would come to the prince's palace to play the qin all night. Chu Li and the others looked at each other, but no one understood what this meant.

Naturally, no one knew that the queen they talked about was only wearing a see-through gauze lining, almost naked, kneeling in front of their prince, with a red face, tears in her eyes, fear and grievance. Played this song all night.

Until Xiao Yuan finally fell asleep, he no longer stared at her directly, and no longer asked her to talk about the songs that were often played in Goulan Courtyard. He just lay quietly on the bed. Pei Qing slowly raised her hand, and the music stopped, but he did not wake up.

She didn't dare to get close, so she just sat there and looked at him from a distance. After a bloody battle, he should be tired by now. He didn't go to bed until dawn just to wait for her to come and humiliate her. It's true that revenge must be taken.

It's just that there is no hatred between them, but what it is, she can't tell clearly.

Pei Qing stood up, rubbed her numb legs, hesitated for a moment, and walked towards the bed. Her clothes were still pressed under his legs.

Slowly approaching, she could see the man on the bed more clearly. He is still good-looking, even better-looking than before, but his temper is indeed much rougher than before.

Pei Qing bent down slightly, gently pulled out her clothes bit by bit from under his legs, then hugged it behind the screen and put them on carefully.

She walked softly to the mirror again, washed herself with cold water, tied her hair in front of the mirror, and returned to her original dignified queen appearance. Just looking closely, people can still see the red eyes and much lighter makeup.

As soon as she opened the door, Chu Li immediately greeted her. Fortunately, he was the only one outside, so Pei Qing was not too embarrassed. She opened her mouth, but didn't know what to say.

Chu Li knew what she meant and didn't ask any more questions, "I will send the queen back to the palace."

Pei Qing shook her head, "Thank you, no need to bother."

If people saw that it was King Nanchuan's subordinates who sent her back to Hanning Palace early in the morning, probably the rumours would spread even more.

Chu Li watched Pei Qing leave the East Palace alone. He turned around and entered Xiao Yuan's bedroom. As soon as he entered, he saw his master sitting by the couch without saying a word.

"Your Majesty?" Chu Li didn't know whether he was happy or unhappy when he saw him like that, so he could only test and asked: "Should we have breakfast?"

Xiao Yuan raised his head, "Tell someone to keep an eye on Hanning Palace. Report to me where she goes and what she does every day."

Chu Li nodded: "Yes." As he said that, he glanced at Xiao Yuan quietly. According to a man's intuition, the prince looked like didn't eat. No wonder he got angry, it was probably because he saw the colour and got angry, so he took the Queen's advice and asked the Queen to reprimand him.

Then why did he still ask her to play the qin and listen to the music?

"How long do you plan to stay here?" Xiao Yuan looked at Chu Li who was in a daze, "Why don't you get out?"

As a loyal subordinate, Chu Li had the courage to advise: "Your Majesty, there are so many beauties in this world. Although, even though they are not always as good as the empress, she’s already His Majesty the Emperor’s woman, even though you have done a good job in escorting the emperor, you shouldn’t use this matter to rob his wife.”

Xiao Yuan sneered: "She was originally mine."

Chu Li shut up immediately, but secretly sighed in his heart that he was indeed his master, and he could snatch women so confidently.

At this time, Pei Qing returned to the Hanning Palace to freshen up, and took Xiao Ji'an to the Yangju Palace to greet the emperor. She didn't know how Zhi Lan managed to coax the child, but Xiao Ji'an didn't ask anything, which made Pei Qing breathe a sigh of relief.

However, they met the Nanchuan Army patrolling the palace along the way, and their strange eyes fell on Pei Qing. Although it only lasted for a moment, Xiao Ji'an still caught it.

It was a big mistake for the guards to peek at the noble lady. They dared to do it blatantly. Xiao Ji'an asked doubtfully: "Mother, why do they look at us like this?"

A trace of panic flashed in Pei Qing's eyes, "They... have never entered the palace, never seen the queen and the prince, so they took another look."

Xiao Ji'an nodded thoughtfully, "They protect King Qin and are loyal people. Mother, don't blame them for being rude."

Pei nodded lightly, held the child's hand, and soon arrived at the Yangju Hall.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*