Chapter 28 Queen

Late at night, the Hanning Palace was filled with water vapor.

After Pei Qing put on her clothes, she heard Zhi Lan's voice outside the screen: "Niangniang, Your Majesty is here."

In the past, when Pei Qing heard this, she would just smile lightly, then order someone to pick up Xiao Ji'an from Xuyang Palace, and then tell the chef to make a light and delicious midnight snack. But now that she heard these words, her heart trembled.

The second day of the state funeral is the enthronement ceremony, followed closely by the enthronement ceremony. Nothing went wrong at the enthronement ceremony, but at the conferment ceremony, the man next to her had a stinky face from beginning to end, and the eunuch who announced the decree turned pale with fright.

Although the courtiers were shocked, after thinking about it carefully, they still somewhat understood the last edict of the late emperor.

When a child under the age of five becomes emperor, not to mention that all the countries are watching him with eager eyes, even within his own country, he doesn't know how much bloodshed he will cause.

But if the fierce and domineering King of Nanchuan succeeds to the throne, it will be different. Like the shadow of a famous tree, Emperor Wen had the strategy of Emperor Wen, but Emperor Wu also had the intimidation of Emperor Wu.

Furthermore, it seems that this King of Nanchuan is not as brutal as the rumours. His ability to defend the palace with all his might without taking a single step back from an outnumbered enemy was the most righteous act in the world.

They heard that he was not yet married in Nanchuan, but now that the decree of the adopted prince and the Pei family's permanent concubine had given him a son and a queen as soon as he ascended the throne, he would definitely be extremely displeased.

The ministers looked at the handsome face of the new Majesty who was obviously unhappy with fear, but they couldn't help but praise him in their hearts. Even so, they still followed the late emperor's edicts one by one, which can be said to be the most benevolent and righteous.

But what they didn't know was that Xiao Yuan felt that the conferment ceremony was not grand enough, so the person who refuted the arrangements made by the Ministry of Etiquette was Pei Qing. She persuaded him softly, so that he could not lose his temper.

"Have you not finished bathing yet?" A familiar voice sounded in the hall, and Xiao Yuan walked over in a familiar manner, "That's just in time."

He also casually took off his dragon robe, and Zhi Lan quickly retreated when she saw this.

Just as Pei Qing was about to come out, she bumped into the man's arms. His hot breath immediately wrapped her tightly. Xiao Yuan looked down at her: "So impatient?"

Pei Qing blushed hotly, "No, no."

Xiao Yuan looked at her crimson face and swallowed unconsciously. His eyes were direct and hot. Pei Qing hurriedly pushed him gently, "You... are still injured. I prepared a medicinal bath today, it’s better to take a bath first.”

The heat was thick and it was too hot. When he was taking a bath, Pei Qing came out, found a clean undergarment, put it away, and went to get some ointment.

Hearing the sound of water coming out of the bath, she turned around, only to see him walking over in his loose undershirt. The man's strong body was very beautiful. The water droplets ran down his chest to his lower abdomen, soaking his clothes, which made him look flattering. Strong lines are more attractive.

She immediately looked away, "Why don't you fasten your belt? It won't be better if you get a wind injury."

Seeing her shy look, Xiao Yuan found it very interesting. He sat lazily on the edge of the bed and said, "I have to take it off anyway. It's too troublesome to tie the belt."

Pei Qing was surprised by how thick-skinned this man was, and how he could say such wanton words so calmly.

Xiao Yuan waved his hand: "Don't you have to take off my clothes to apply medicine? Why are you so surprised?"

"Huh?" Pei Qing finally realized what she was thinking...she felt very ashamed for a moment. She held the ointment but refused to come near, "Otherwise, you should ask General Chu to apply the medicine for you."

For injuries sustained in combat, it must be the combatants who know better how to apply medicine for maximum comfort.

Xiao Yuan frowned: "I asked him to be a general, not to run to the harem all day long. Now that the weather is calm, if he dares to come to the harem again, I will chop off his legs and dry them to make jerky to feed the dogs."

At this time, Chu Li, who was taking stock of the military inventory at the camp on the outskirts of Capital, sneezed heavily.

The man's vicious tone was somewhat effective. Pei Qing walked over with the ointment and said, "General Chu treats you so well, why are you always so mean to him?"

The slender fingers were dipped in ointment and gently caressed the injured area. The wound was itchy, Xiao Yuan casually raised his long legs and leaned to the side, playing with a strand of her long hair with his fingers, "Then, I already treated you well, why do you still want to reject me?"

As he spoke, he took Pei Qing's hand and said, "I don't want to scare you, but Qing'er, I can't bear it for too long."

If it comes to that, he used to cherish her, so he wanted to wait until the wedding night. After they met again, he also wanted to ignore her wishes. With the letter of help first, he could have done whatever he wanted.

But Pei Qing's tears were like knives, one drop was like a knife, and he couldn't do it.

Pei Qing heard the grievance in his words and lowered her head, not daring to look into Xiao Yuan's eyes. "I didn't refuse... I was just worried about your injury."

"So that's what you're worried about?"

Pei Qing didn't see the success flashing in the man's eyes but felt his hand reach into her inner clothes. Pei Qing flinched but did not move away.

Xiao Yuan got closer and closer, his hands were already untying her clothes, but he pretended to discuss: "In that case, can you help me take a look? There is a stab wound in the lower abdomen. I don't know if it will affect other places."

Pei Qing really looked up immediately, with worry on her face: "Where?"

"You'll know in a moment." Xiao Yuan smiled and kissed her lips.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*