Chapter 27 Shock

Pei Qing does not believe that the person in the coffin is Xiao Jing. Although he is seriously ill, he will not die today...

Even if the rebels invade the palace, they will have to coerce, leverage and induce the imperial edict, and they will never dare to kill the king immediately. Xiao Yuan followed her gaze, remained silent for a moment, and held Pei Qing's hand.

He looked at Chu Li who was crying and laughing at the side, "Where is the prince? Since the edict is being announced, he also needs to be present."

Chu Li saw that Xiao Yuan finally spoke to him. Although his tone was still disgusting, he didn't care at all: "Go back to the prince! Your subordinates have set off signal bombs, and the prince is already on his way back to the palace!"

Just then he discovered that Xiao Yuan was not dead, and Chu Li was crying and wanted to rush forward to hug him but was stared back by Xiao Yuan's fierce eyes.

Chu Li had no choice but to wipe his tears, rub his numb legs, get up and go out to set off flares, instructing the Nanchuan army protecting the prince outside the palace to escort the prince back to the palace.

Xiao Yuan didn't even bother to talk about him. If he hadn't knelt on the ground crying indiscriminately, Pei Qing would not have mistakenly thought that the person in the coffin was Xiao Yuan.

But it was no wonder that Chu Li was furious. When he came back, he didn't see Xiao Yuan, only the coffin. His mind went blank. He didn't bother to ask more questions, so he knelt down in front of the coffin and started crying.

"Your Majesty... how did he die?" Pei Qing asked in a daze.

"Poisonous hair." Xu Da said, "The eunuch in charge of the palace who served in Yangju Palace replied, His Majesty said that the queen had gone to Xuyang Palace from the side door to look after the prince, and then issued the imperial edict to open the palace door."

"His Majesty kept the door behind closed doors and did not allow anyone to disturb him. Finally, when the imperial army went to report the news of the victory, the eunuch entered the palace and found that His Majesty had... been tested by the imperial doctor and found that poison had been poured into the wine cup."

"What?" Pei Qing took a step back, and Xiao Yuan supported her.

After she brought the wine, she just turned around and moved the charcoal fire, and the wine was drugged. One cup contained poison, and the other cup contained dope. She didn't understand how Xiao Jing could be so decisive. What he meant by Yun Danfengqing's farewell in this life was actually this.

"Mother!"

A child's call brought Pei Qing back to her senses.

Xiao Ji'an was escorted back by the Nanchuan Army on horseback. The generals outside were all sighing that such a young child dared to walk fearlessly through the wet and bloody field, ignoring the corpses on the ground, and stepped straight into the Mingwu Hall.

He threw himself into Pei Qing's arms and finally cried. He understood what the coffin meant and what he had lost. Pei Qing was crying sadly while holding the child. Xiao Yuan frowned and looked at her body shaking from crying, fearing that she would faint from crying like this.

Xiao Yuan glanced at Xiao Ji'an again, he knew the pain of losing his father best. Touching the little head with his big hand, Xiao Yuan said: "When the new emperor succeeds to the throne, I, Nanchuan, will follow him to the death and be loyal to him."

A short sentence, but it weighs a thousand pounds. This means that he will support the young emperor to succeed to the throne, ensure that Pei Qing takes the position of queen mother, eradicate the remaining evil and quell the turmoil. Once he steps in, he won’t be able to return to Nanchuan for decades.

Xu Da looked at Xiao Yuan silently. The old prince's only request before his death was not to allow Xiao Yuan to leave Nanchuan, let alone to get involved in political affairs or get involved in the disputes over imperial power. Xiao Yuan is the only one left in their lineage, and they must not let him follow in the footsteps of the old prince.

But after going round and round, Xiao Yuan still came to the palace, and even almost died here. Is this a change of destiny, or is it destiny?

Outside the palace, a guard shouted: "I have met the Prime Minister!"

Xiang Zhiyi, the prime minister of the country who was over seventy years old, walked in with a solemn expression. His hair and beard were all grey, but he didn't look old and weak at all. He ignored everyone's salutes, but walked to the coffin, knelt down heavily, and kowtowed three times.

He watched Xiao Jing ascend the throne and knew how worried he was about national affairs. He also knew that he had not yet completed his ambition to achieve hegemony. There are no words to express the regret in his heart. He can only help the new king with all his heart, maybe this can repay him three points.

Xiang Zhiyi stood up, took out the emperor's imperial edict with the totem pattern on it, and said loudly: "Here is the imperial edict of the late emperor, all ministers listen to it!"

From inside the palace to outside the palace, all the generals and even the princes and ministers who had just entered the palace were kneeling outside the main hall, watching the Prime Minister standing at the entrance of the palace holding the imperial edict in his hands and unfolding the imperial edict.

The scarlet emperor's seal was extremely majestic, but when he read the content written on it, the Prime Minister's expression froze.

Before today, he had never opened it without permission. That night, His Majesty summoned him secretly and entrusted him with the imperial edict. Xiang Zhiyi was not as shocked as he was when he realized that he was deeply trusted by the Emperor.

But everyone was waiting with bated breath, so he had no choice but to read out the order -

"Xiao Yuan, the legitimate son of Xiao Renyu, the hereditary king of Nanchuan, and my sister-in-law, have quelled chaos several times and protected the diligent king. They have made great contributions and will surely inherit the throne. After me ascend the throne, he will be the emperor."

"Xiao Ji'an, the emperor's legitimate son, is extremely talented and has won my heart. Considering his young age, I adopted him, changed my family lineage, and called Xiao Yuan my father."

"Pei Wan, the eldest daughter of the late Queen Pei's family, had meritorious service in raising the prince. She was given the posthumous title Hui Xian and was buried with me in the imperial mausoleum. Pei Qing, the second daughter of the late Queen Pei's family, was gentle and courteous. She was a mother to the world and protected me in times of crisis. Heaven and earth can learn from your heart. Pei Qing's merits are indelible, and I specifically order that Pei Qing will never be deposed."

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*