Chapter 26 The Edict

Xiao Yuan was seriously injured, with knife wounds on his waist and abdomen, and two arrows in his leg.

The Nanchuan Army and the Forbidden Army also suffered a lot of damage, and all matters inside and outside the palace were taken over by the Qucheng Army who came to the rescue.

Qucheng is adjacent to Nanchuan, and the current leader is the crony who followed Old Prince Xiao. The old prince is the prince of the clan. Apart from giving birth to a son who is disobedient and gets into trouble every day, he really has nothing to fault. But no matter how arrogant and arrogant Xiao Yuan was, after the sudden death of the old prince, the Southern Territory had remained stable for many years, which was Xiao Yuan's greatest contribution.

The reinforcements came in three groups. Although they came quietly, they came very timely.

The so-called timely means the moment before Xiao Yuan is about to die in battle.

He was carried back, and after the bleeding stopped, he lay in the side hall of Mingwu as if dead. He was so exhausted that he didn't even hear Chu Li wailing when he suddenly saw Xiao's coffin after he had arranged for the young prince and fought his way back to the palace.

But when he was in severe pain and fainting, the cries of women and the gentle words reached his ears.

Xiao Yuan actually didn't know whether he was dead or alive, but when he heard the woman outside crying for someone else, he became furious and wanted to run back from the Palace of Hell to question her.

The people in the main hall were crying and talking, while the men in the side hall sat up with difficulty and forced themselves to move out with their numb legs.

The closer you get, the clearer you hear.

Until he heard the words "Xiao Yuan, even if you don't want to, I will marry you in the next life", his heart trembled, and a surge of ecstasy surged up. The pain in his body disappeared immediately, but before he could step out, he saw her holding a dagger and stabbing herself.

If he hadn't moved quickly, he might have found Pei Qing's body in front of him now.

He originally thought that she was crying for Xiao Jing's death, but he never thought that she would go to such an extent for him, Xiao Yuan.

He should have thought of it... he should have thought of it when the imperial edict announced that the palace gates would be opened to surrender.

As an emperor, Xiao Jing is indeed a benevolent king, but as a man, he is not so kind that he can be completely indifferent even though he knows that his wife has another man in her heart.

Because of this, Xiao Yuan went to the Yangju Hall again before leaving the palace to fight. On the condition that he try his best to save Xiao Jing's only son, he made him promise never to deal with Pei Qing no matter what.

That is to say, if this battle is won, Pei Qing will still be the queen. If Xiao Yuan lose this battle, Xiao Jing can't be angry with her and hunt her down.

Xiao Jing, who was laying on the bed, put on his usual calm smile for the first time and agreed to the conditions of the Nanchuan King who had committed such a crime.

There was an agreement before, so Xiao Yuan never thought that Xiao Jing would personally issue an order to open the palace gate to surrender. Now that he thinks about it, she is the only one who can make Xiao Jing back down to that level.

Pei Qing was startled by the sudden sound from the side hall. She stared blankly at the people coming out of the side hall, not knowing whether it was true or not. Until the man smiled evilly and beautifully, waving to her and saying, "Excuse me, please help me, my leg hurts really bad."

The next moment, the slender figure fell into Xiao Yuan's arms, hugged the man's waist tightly, and cried pitifully.

Xiao Yuan felt that all his internal organs had been knocked out of place, but it didn't hurt at all. On the contrary, his front chest was numb and felt very comfortable.

He put his arms around Pei Qing's waist unceremoniously, lowered his head and kissed her hair, "Isn't it okay? You cried so much that it hurts."

Pei Qing quickly raised her head and said in a choked voice: "Where does it hurt?" Only then did she smell the smell of blood all over Xiao Yuan's body, and she hurriedly let go: "Did I touch your injury? I'm sorry."

As she spoke, tears fell again.

Having sacrificed his life for a beautiful woman to throw herself into her arms, Xiao Yuan naturally refused to let go. He held her waist, leaned over her ear and whispered in her ear: "Qing'er, you cry so hard that it makes me feel bad."

Pei Qing's ears suddenly turned red. She wanted to push him away but couldn't bear to use any force.

This pulling and tugging made Xu Da, the leader of the Qucheng Army outside the door, frown. After all, he couldn't understand this queen. She was crying in front of His Majesty the Emperor's coffin. Why did she run into the arms of another man now?

As for Xiao Yuan, Xu Da didn't understand even more. Doesn't this kid only know how to fight and cause trouble? How can he be so gentle and coaxing? The person being coaxed was none other than the current queen and the future queen mother.

How unbecoming this is!

Seeing more and more people outside looking into the hall, Xu Da coughed twice, causing the people in the hall to look over.

Xiao Yuan raised his eyebrows: "What's the matter?"

That look was disgusting. If this had been his own son, Xu Da would have jumped up and beaten him up. If it weren't for the sake of the old prince's face, he wouldn't come to help this prodigal son.

"Here comes Duke Xiang."

Xiao Yuan still hugged Pei Qing and refused to let go: "Who?"

"Who else could it be? The ceremony of the Prime Minister of the country!" Xu Da said angrily, "It is said that he is adhering to the holy will and will come to read out the imperial edict on the day of His Majesty's death and tell it to the world."

Hearing this, Pei Qing quickly looked at the black coffin in the hall.

The author has something to say:

There is one more update~ There will be double updates today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*