Chapter 16 Damage

In the early morning, bursts of fragrance wafted out of Hanning Palace.

Chu Li stood aside, looking at Xiao Yuan's dark face, and asked tentatively: "Your Majesty, is this breakfast not to your liking?"

Xiao Yuan glanced at him: "Where is she?"

"The Queen got up early in the morning. First, she went to the Xuyang Palace to see the young prince, and then to the Yangju Palace. She should be serving the decoction." As soon as he finished speaking, Xiao Yuan's face turned even more ugly.

Chu Li silently took two steps back. Looking at it like this, he didn't seem to be eating anyone. Chu Li recalled the Queen's cry last night and secretly came to a conclusion. The prince must have resorted to force if his soft tactics failed. Not to mention forcing himself to stay here, he might even have threatened the little prince.

Tsk tsk, the prince said more than once when he was in Nanchuan that all girls are treated as pains, and those who use despicable methods like rape are only used by incompetent men. But when he saw the peerless beauty, he lost all sense of reason, disregarded ethics, and even forgot about pity for beauty. Even outside the city, he was still trying to steal a woman from His Majesty.

"What are you doing there, why don't you come here and talk about the military situation?" Xiao Yuan knew what Chu Li was thinking about without raising his eyes, "What's going on outside the city."

When it came to business, Chu Li also became serious. He stepped forward and reported back: "Your Majesty, all kinds of troops have been gathered outside the city. The brothers we sent out to investigate reported that only the men of Lu Guogong in the camp on the outskirts of Capital. There are 200,000 troops, and the Duke of Lu originally did not help other, but for some reason he has been in frequent contact with Cao Ruiji, who controls the Lu'an Army."

"Fat Cao is King Yun's man. He doesn't dare to follow King Yun to force the palace. Now that King Yun is dead, he has stepped forward. Don't you think that King Yun has a son who can reach the dragon chair with just a little support? What?"

Chu Li said: "Then he just wants to win over the Duke of Lu to support King Yun's son? This is not good. Although the Lu'an army is far away, once they join forces with the Duke of Lu, it will be a full fifty the army of ten thousand is almost half as large as our Nanchuan army."

Xiao Yuan smiled: "Are you afraid?"

Chu Li shook his head without even thinking about it: "That's not true. No matter how difficult the battle is, we have fought it. The Duke of Lu is already in his fifties, so we don't know how many swords he can swing. But the trickier thing is. .....In addition to Duke Lu and Cao Ruiji, there are also those veterans, those in charge of grain depots, those in charge of ordnance, and those in charge of fire defence. If they all stand on our hostile side and the palace will run out of ammunition and food, I'm afraid that if we don't need them to enter the palace, they will consume us to death."

Xiao Yuan stood up and asked, "How many people are left in the Forbidden Army?"

"Commander Meng said there are still 8,000 people who can fight. Are you going to call Commander Meng over for discussion?" Chu Li followed Xiao Yuan to the main hall of Hanning Palace and stopped under the big tree covered with snow.

Xiao Yuan looked at the thick snow on the trees. Sometimes it fell, and when it was blown away by the wind, it was crystal clear and beautiful. It makes Hanning Palace more peaceful and warmer.

"No need to discuss, tell Meng Chuang to set up defences."

Chu Li was shocked: "Your Majesty is planning to..."

Xiao Yuan said calmly, "Tell him, there is no need for the imperial army in the battle outside the city, and there is no need to open the door even if the sky falls. But if eight thousand people can't defend the palace, don't blame me for killing his family."

Chu Li understood what he meant, stood there in silence for a moment, and finally nodded in agreement. Their master, their prince, is the most decisive and decisive person in the world, the most daring to risk his life.

At this time, in the Yangju Hall, Pei Qing finished serving the decoction and looked at Xiao Jing, hesitant to speak.

Although Xiao Jing looked pale, he tried his best not to show any signs of weakness and still smiled gently: "Do you have something to say?"

Pei Qing asked: "Brother-in-law, there is not enough charcoal fire in the palace? Why do you always wear two inner coats in the past two days?" And the collar of the outer coat is slightly higher. She has never seen him wearing it like this before.

The people guarding the door now are all Nanchuan Army officers and soldiers, and they probably don't know how to serve. The eunuch who has been serving His Majesty for many years is old. Xiao Jing would not even ask him to come if it was not a big deal. Pei Qing knows this.

Xiao Jing just calmly gathered his inner clothes and said "Nothing", but Pei Qing felt a little strange. Seeing that she was staring closely and not leaving, Xiao Jing smiled helplessly and said, "Okay, it's just some redness and itching on the neck. The medicine has been applied, so you don't have to worry."

"Why is it suddenly red and itchy?" Pei Qing looked nervously at the empty medicine bowl on the small table, "Is there something wrong with the medicine? No, I made this medicine while watching someone fry it. I'll go again Check it out.”

As she said this, she was about to stand up, but Xiao Jing immediately held her back: "Pei Qing, there's no need to go."

"Why -" She was about to argue when she suddenly saw red marks in some open collars. She was startled: "Is this... is this a sword edge?"

Xiao Jing didn't say anything. He naturally knew how painful it was, but he couldn't scratch such a wound. He calmly closed his collar and said, "The rebels are bold and there is nothing they cannot do."

Pei Qing lowered his eyes: "Prince Yu, Prince Yun, and the general who forced the palace together were tied up and brought into His Majesty's chamber. How could they hurt His Majesty?"

She already knows who it is. After all, she was the one who invited the people here, but she didn't expect that King Nanchuan was as unscrupulous as the rumours, but she didn't understand what Xiao Yuan wanted to do. He could kill Xiao Jing but didn't, so why did he hurt him again?

Pei Qing changed Xiao Jing's medicine with her own hands, saying sorry one after another, leaving Xiao Jing helpless but smiling and touching her head.

It was almost noon when she came out of Yangju Palace. As soon as she returned to Hanning Palace, she heard Zhi Lan crying and begging from inside: "Please have mercy on me! Please show me mercy!"

Pei Qing was startled and hurriedly ran in.

In the snow in the yard, Xiao Ji'an's small body fell to the ground. The tall man in front of him was holding an extremely sharp dagger in his hand.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*