Chapter 17 Coaxing

"Ji'er!" Pei Qing hurriedly ran in, picked up Xiao Ji'an, and protected him behind her.

Xiao Yuan looked at her frightened and defensive look, anger rose to the top of his head, "Get out of the way."

After doing what she did last night, Pei Qing was afraid of waking him up when she got up this morning. She didn't know how to face him. But now that he was pointing a sharp dagger at the child, her shyness and blush were all forgotten. Pei Qing refused to give in. 

Snow began to fall in the courtyard, and the two people in the courtyard were in a stalemate.

"Niangniang, your son is trying to stab me. The prince has committed the same crime as the common people, and the Queen still wants to protect him?"

"What?" Pei Qing heard this and looked down at Xiao Ji'an.

Xiao Ji'an's eyes didn't dodge at all. He held Pei Qing's hand and looked up at the tall man in front of him: "You were the one who bullied my mother. When she came to see me this morning, her eyes were red and swollen. She had obviously cried! Even my father never made my mother cry!"

Speaking of Xiao Jing, Xiao Yuan snorted coldly and looked at him condescendingly: "If you want to vent your anger for your mother, what's the point of hiding behind her? If you can, stab me, but if you can't hurt me, don't blame me for killing you. Eighteen Yuan will be used as a medicine for your sick father."

Behind him, Zhi Lan was so frightened that she hurriedly winked at Pei Qing. Pei Qing listened to what they said, one big and one small, and guessed what was going on today. She calmed down her solemn look and tried to ease the somewhat tense atmosphere.

Seeing that Xiao Ji'an was still about to contradict him, she quickly asked: "Ji'er, have you finished reading the books today?"

Pei Qing asked, and Xiao Ji'an immediately replied: "Not yet."

Xiao Yuan played with the dagger and looked at her expressionlessly to see how she planned to end it. He saw Pei Qing pretending to be stern: "You never slack off for a day. You will finish your work today and come back after you have finished reading the book."

Xiao Ji'an glanced at Xiao Yuan, but before he could refute, Pei Qing touched his head: "Your mother is the queen, how can anyone dare to bully her? It's just that I slept late yesterday, and Ji'er misunderstood the emperor's uncle."

"Really?" he asked.

Pei Qing chuckled and nodded, "Zhi Lan, you accompany Ji'er back to Xuyang Palace to review the book."

"Yes." Zhi Lan quickly came over, took Xiao Ji'an's hand and walked out, not daring to hesitate for a moment, as if she was afraid that someone in the courtyard would regret it.

After seeing the two of them leaving Hanning Palace, Pei Qing looked at Xiao Yuan. To be precise, she looked at the dagger in his hand. "This thing is dangerous, so don't hold it, right?"

As she said that, she stepped forward to take the dagger, but unexpectedly Xiao Yuan grabbed her wrist and dragged her directly into the hall. The dagger fell with a clang at Pei Qing's feet. She was so frightened that she took two steps back. How could she still have the attitude of fighting him desperately just now?

"Why, do you plan to just let this matter go?"

Pei Qing shook her head: "Of course not, this matter is Ji'er's fault. You... weren't hurt, were you?"

Xiao Yuan thought she was going to say that the child was still young and should not argue with the child. But he didn't expect Pei Qing to ask this question, and the anger that was rushing to the top of his head suddenly dimmed. He looked at her concerned face and didn't see what kind of medicine she was selling in the gourd.