Chapter 24 Go to Death

Pei Qing has always been docile and quiet. Even if the concubines in the harem made sarcastic remarks, she would never care or care about them, let alone say anything bad about them in front of Xiao Jing.

Therefore, it was widely rumoured outside the palace that Queen Pei was gentle, tolerant and generous, and that she was the empress of the world.

But people in the palace knew that although the little Queen Pei was similar to the big Queen Pei in every way, she was not Pei Wan after all. As a queen, Pei Qing puts His Majesty and the Prince first in everything, but as a woman, she does not have His Majesty in her heart. She never asked whether the concubines would vie for favour among the other concubines. Because she was not jealous, she was calm and calm.

But the Pei Qing now is something no one has ever seen before, and something Xiao Jing has never seen before.

She is sad and determined.

Xiao Jing coughed twice, calmed down and asked her calmly: "What do you want to do when you come to me?"

"I want to open the palace gate." She blurted out.

Xiao Jing looked at her: "Do you know what the consequences will be if you open the palace door?"

Pei Qing naturally knew. Opening the palace gate means offering surrender. The army outside the city covets the throne, and the person they want to kill is Xiao Jing. Opening the palace gate means giving them what they want.

If this happens, Xiao Jing will die, and the throne will fall into the hands of others.

But this can give the Nanchuan army outside the palace a chance to breathe. It only takes a moment, and with Xiao Yuan's ability, he will definitely be able to survive whether he withdraws his troops or flees in all directions.

Pei Qing lowered her head and said nothing, while Xiao Jing smiled instead of being angry.

When King Yu and King Yun's rebels were about to attack the palace, he already thought that he was in a desperate situation, but at that time, Pei Qing had no intention of surrendering. What could make her hold on was not so much the letter for help. It's trust in that man. She believed that as long as Xiao Yuan came, everything would be safe.

But right now, Xiao Jing doesn't think it's a desperate situation. As long as the Nanchuan Army fights to the death, it is not completely impossible to save the palace. But his queen wanted to open the palace gate and surrender.

When it was about the life and death of the man outside, she lost all her usual gentleness and tranquillity.

Xiao Jing stared at Pei Qing.

It turns out that his queen is such a determined and cruel person. She and Pei Wan have similar faces, but completely different temperaments. All the obedient behaviour in the past was just because she didn't care.

Although he knew the reason why she entered the palace, for some unknown reason, a surge of anger still came up.

Xiao Jing stood up and walked up to Pei Qing with a thin but tall figure. He leaned over and pinched Pei Qing's face with his pale and veiny hands, forcing her to look up——

"What if I don't allow it?"

Pei Qing looked into those deep black eyes, with a terrifying look of cruelty. This was also the first time she saw Xiao Jing like this. Your Majesty's kind-hearted nature is known to everyone in the world today. He governed the country well and never abused cruelty or lynching. He never speaks harshly, let alone in such an aggressive manner.

At this moment, the expression on that handsome face remained unchanged, but Pei Qing felt that the entire hall was bone-chillingly cold.

There was another roar outside, which made her tremble. But her eyes were firmer, and she said word by word: "Your Majesty is seriously ill. As the queen, I have this power."

Xiao Jing's eyes immediately darkened, and red marks appeared on Pei Qing's face. But then he let her go and sat back on the bed without saying anything. Pei Qing saw that he was still stepping on the cold ground with his bare feet, and recalled the caress he received in the past.

"Your Majesty don't worry. Ji'er has been escorted out of the palace by the Nanchuan Army. Everything will be fine." She paused and her voice trembled: "After the palace gate is opened, no matter what the consequences, I will stay with your majesty."

Hearing this, Xiao Jing was startled.

"I know I'm selfish, but I...I really don't want him to die." The tears she held back finally fell, "I have betrayed him, hurt him, and... To rashly provoke him and drag him into such a cruel dispute. Xiao Yuan is a very good person. He is alive and can still protect the country and the country, which is useful. "

"Since Pei Qing is the queen, it is impossible to be with him in this life. I...I have nothing else, only one life, to repay my brother-in-law for taking care of me, and to repay my sister's spirit in heaven. So, when it comes to life and death, I am determined to not let His Majesty face it alone. I just ask His Majesty to agree and let him survive."

In the huge nursing home hall, the sound of crying echoed.

Xiao Jing listened quietly to what Pei Qing said, and after a moment of silence, he chuckled, "I didn't know that the queen I married was such a strong-tempered person."

Seeing Pei Qing's tears dripping down onto the ground, making the ground wet, Xiao Jing said, "Get up."

Pei Qing didn't understand what he meant.

"Go and pour two glasses of wine and treat it as farewell for this life. After drinking, I will immediately order the palace door to be opened."

"Thank you, brother-in-law, thank you, Your Majesty!" She quickly wiped her tears and stood up.

Pei Qing quickly brought the wine, Xiao Jing coughed twice more, and when Pei Qing heard it, she immediately turned around and moved the charcoal fire in the hall closer. When she turned around, Xiao Jing was looking at her with a slight smile on his lips.

She was slightly startled: "What?"

"Nothing." Xiao Jing picked up a glass of wine and handed it to her.

After being an emperor for more than ten years, it was the first time that Xiao Jing could not see through a person, to be precise, it was a woman. He obviously wanted to use her life to save the man outside, but at this moment she was still worried that he would be cold.

Pei Qing took the wine and said sorry in a low voice.

Xiao Jing smiled and drank it all in one gulp. Pei Qing pursed her lips lightly and drank all the wine.

"Pei Qing, how much do you admire him?" Xiao Jing put down his wine cup.

Pei Qing lowered her eyes.

"If you are really selfish, you should kill me directly. I will never test the poison of the things you bring." He said, "When I die, you can be with whoever you want, right? But what about you? Just because you are a queen in name only, you want to die with me, are you selfish or stupid?"

Xiao Jing's voice was very soft and pleasant, but for some reason, Pei Qing couldn't hear clearly despite being so close.

She raised her eyes to look at him, but her vision was blurry. She shook her head and suddenly remembered the glass of wine just now.

"Pei Qing, please allow me to be selfish for once."

This was the last word Pei Qing heard before fainting.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*