Chapter 21 Thoughts

Heavy snow is still falling outside the courtyard.

In the Hanning Palace, the water vapor was thick and warm, making people drowsy. But a gentle question from time to time can wake people up immediately.

"Is it okay to sew like this?"

Pei Qing approached with the peace talisman and explained softly: "In this case, the thread will not be exposed, and it will match the kit better. Do you like it?"

Xiao Yuan looked at this beautiful face so close at hand, and rarely said "Okay" without ridicule.

Pei Qing was slightly surprised, then smiled and said, "Then just sew it up like this."

After so long, her smile has not changed at all. As good-looking as before, and as gentle and well-behaved as ever. She always listens to him carefully and is always there to help him with whatever he wants to do. When he got up, he teased her with bad news. Seeing how worried she looked after believing it, he thought more than once that she was so easy to deceive, but she couldn't be deceived.

Oh, he just didn’t expect that it was him, Xiao Yuan, who was deceived.

It was he who believed those gentle words of comfort, and it was he who believed her saying that she would become the general's wife. It was he who actually thought about whether she had any difficulties when he was left behind. Unbearably, he secretly went to find her, but what he saw was the extremely beautiful Feng Luan honour guard. What he heard every time after that was how little Empress Pei was favoured, how she talked, laughed and prayed for blessings with her emperor and husband, and how the emperor and empress were loving and harmonious.

Until the letter asking for help came to Nanchuan.

When Chu Li presented the letter, the beautiful handwriting on the envelope hit Xiao Yuan's heart like a heavy hammer. He even thought that she regretted marrying into the palace and marrying an emperor whose health was deteriorating.

Does she want him to pick her up? This thought made King Nanchuan, who had been riding horses for more than ten years, fall down while reining in his horse, frightening all the generals.

He didn't bother to find a doctor for diagnosis and treatment, nor did he care about the pain in his leg. His heart, which was originally a pool of stagnant water, suddenly surged because of the words "Xiao Yuan personally expresses his gratitude". But the moment he opened the letter, it was like a bucket of ice water poured into his burning heart.

She begged him to save her husband and stepson. Even willing to pay any price for it.

She smiled as she looked at him, laughing that she could be chopped a second time by the Gentle Knife. Xiao Yuan sat like that with the letter all night long.

In the early morning of the next day, Chu Li received the news of the change in the Imperial City's Yusheng Palace. The sky is high, and the road is far away in Nanchuan. If they don't take the initiative to inquire, they may not know the whole story until the new emperor succeeds.

But the news brought by Chu Li was far more serious than what Pei Qing said. Therefore, all the high-ranking generals of the Nanchuan Army, including Chu Li, were surprised by Xiao Yuan's order to mobilize troops immediately.

Although matters in the imperial city are urgent, they are not urgent at all. At this time, the Nanchuan Army has long been notorious in the court. What's the harm if they don't take this muddy water?

"Alright."

A soft shout brought his thoughts back.

The woman in front of him lifted up the peace talisman with a strap and shook it, "It will definitely not drop it in the future."

Those beautiful eyes are clear in black and white, and charming. The pitiful and frightened look when they first met is heart-warming, but now the smiling look makes it easier to seduce a man's heart.

Xiao Yuan stood up and Pei Qing hurriedly looked away, but the next moment she handed over a clean handkerchief and clothes.

For some reason, she always felt that Xiao Yuan was a little different tonight. He had become much quieter since he came back from a trip. He didn't lose his temper, let alone humiliate and ridicule her. She put the peace charm back on the small table beside the couch and put it together with the belt that Xiao Yuan had taken off.

Turning around, Xiao Yuan was looking at her.

Pei Qing thought of last night. She couldn't help but take a step back, with some fear in her eyes. She was afraid of what he looked like yesterday, and even more afraid of the suffocating and uncomfortable feeling of having to swallow bit by bit.

"Are you going to take a rest?" she asked.

He sat beside the bed.

"Then I'll put out the candle." She walked aside and put out the candlelight. She walked very lightly to the small couch not far away, lifted the quilt and lay down.

There was only a faint sound of breathing left in the hall. Pei Qing felt warm all over her body, maybe because she had been sitting next to the hot water for a long time, and she fell asleep quickly. Just as she was sleeping in a daze, she felt a chill on her body, and then the couch shaken.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her slender waist. Pei Qing woke up and met a pair of extremely beautiful eyes in the darkness.

Before she could react, the kiss was already covering her.

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*