Chapter 29 Ending

Pei Qing was so tired that she fell asleep. Half asleep and half awake, she felt someone licking her again, "Qing'er, please don't sleep."

No matter how courteous and polite Pei Qing is, she doesn't want to pay attention to the people around her at this time. Xiao Yuan was reluctant to quit. He smelled the fragrance of Pei Qing's hair and asked in a warm voice, "Can we do it again?"

If Pei Qing still had the strength, she would definitely slap him in the face. She closed her eyes and ignored him, and the people around her became quiet.

But after a moment of silence, Pei Qing felt strange, and she quickly opened her eyes to look at him.

Looking at her red eyes, Xiao Yuan paused, "It still hurts?"

Pei Qing shook her head slightly.

He chuckled: "Then you talk to me."

Pei nodded lightly and Xiao Yuan withdrew. She immediately blushed and wanted to get up.

Xiao Yuan grabbed her: "What are you going to do?"

Pei Qing was pulled back by him and sat on his lap. Only then did Xiao Yuan understand why she was in a hurry to get out of bed. But then he thought about it, did she not want to?

The man's hand tentatively touched Pei Qing's flat belly, "You... don't want to get pregnant?"

Pei Qing was startled: "What?"

Xiao Yuan said to himself: "It is not a good thing for the emperor's family to have too many sons. If you don’t want, then we don’t need to have it. One Xiao Ji'an is enough."

Pei Qing was quiet for a moment, then sat in his arms and thought for a while, still feeling that he must have misunderstood something.

"I want to." She held his face and looked into his eyes seriously, "It is the duty of a queen to spread the heirs for the royal family and it is what should be done. I understand it.”

"I have nothing to do with this, Pei Qing, I will never force you."

He risked his life to spend the rest of his life with her and never let her die in childbirth like Pei Wan did. Compared with her, having children or not is nothing.

After hearing this, Pei Qing's heart softened, and her eyes filled with tears. She unconsciously hooked Xiao Yuan's finger and whispered: "I am willing. If I can have another child like Ji'er, of course I am willing in every possible way.”

But he didn't expect that Xiao Yuan frowned and hesitated to speak. His military camp was full of men, and he didn't like anyone from young boys to big men. They were noisy every day, and it was annoying to see them.

"What?" Pei Qing asked, "Don't you like Ji'er?"

Xiao Yuan shook his head and told her very sincerely: "I want a little princess, Pei Qing, can you give me a well-behaved and obedient princess?"

Seeing the seriousness on his face, Pei Qing thought it was some big deal. After hearing this, she couldn't help laughing, and took the initiative to wrap her arms around his neck to tease: "What if the princess is not well-behaved and disobedient?"

"Then I like it too." Xiao Yuan hugged her, "I will let our daughter live a free and easy life, and I will not let her suffer even half of the hardships you have suffered."

Xiao Yuan ascended the throne, and Pei Qing was still the queen, but the Pei family was the most fearful among the civil and military officials of the Manchu Dynasty. Whoever was called to the imperial study room and left out in the cold on the first day of the new emperor's accession to the throne would have been so frightened that he would break out in a cold sweat and stay up all night.

Xiao Yuan just asked a few words coolly. Mr. Pei Zhiheng sold his favourite concubine when he returned that day, and Pei Cheng, the concubine who only caused trouble, was also sent to house arrest in a village in the countryside.

Her stepmother, who had frequently beaten, scolded and insulted her and her sister, ended up miserable. Although Pei Qing didn't show anything on her face, she knelt in front of her sister's soul and spoke all night in the dead of night.

As a queen, no matter how powerful she is, she still can't deal with the people of her mother's clan. Once it becomes official, she can no longer afford the words "mother's honour to the world". So, she thought about it more than once, what's the use of that huge power, and in the end, she could only use the word "forget it" as an excuse to let go.

But Pei Qing didn't expect that he would remember them all.

Xiao Yuan pulled the quilt and wrapped her around him. Seeing that she was about to cry again, he said teasingly: "Why, you only know how good I am now? I am just too kind, and that's why I was manipulated like this by that sick man."

Although it was a casual remark that made her laugh, the words coming from Xiao Yuan's mouth still made her feel uncomfortable.

Pei Qing didn't understand it at first, but after Xiao Yuan ascended the throne, she finally understood the last words Xiao Jing said to her.

"Pei Qing, please allow me to be selfish for once." This sentence echoed in her heart all the time.

After Xiao Yuan ascended the throne, complicated things happened one after another, and there were troublesome messes everywhere. There are ministers in the court to deal with, and ministers to appease. 

Outside the country, there are even more remnants of the rebels fleeing everywhere, causing chaos among the people. Further away, there are still other countries watching eagerly, waiting for the new emperor to succeed and be unable to take action, so they can take the opportunity to cause chaos.

Everything was passed on to Xiao Yuan's shoulders because of that edict. This made him, an idle prince who could have gone back to Nanchuan to live a comfortable life, become full of things to do and burdened with the heavy responsibility of the country and the people.

In this way, Ji'er can grow up happily in the harem without worrying about becoming the target of public criticism.

Pei Qing gradually understood what Xiao Jing meant by selfishness.

Being the emperor may not be the most satisfying thing in the world. He did not want Xiao Ji'an to complete his unfinished ambition and goals for hegemony, and eventually ended up seriously ill.

He used Pei Qing as bait and refused to allow the Pei family to depose the queen, luring Xiao Yuan to stay in the imperial city forever and replace Ji'er as the beast in the cage.

He was sure Xiao Yuan would agree. Xiao Jing's plans never fail.

But there are things he hasn't planned for, such as Pei Qing...

The more calm Xiao Yuan appeared in front of her, the more uncomfortable Pei Qing felt as if she was being grabbed. She didn't know what to say, so she buried her face in his neck and kissed him quietly.

However, a person who has been on the battlefield for a long time is the most rough and fine. The moment the soft lips covered her, the man's hands began to wander.

Pei Qing straightened up and asked softly, "What are you doing?"

"As a lesson from heaven and earth, it was you who secretly kissed me first." Xiao Yuan hugged her and adjusted his position. 

Pei Qing refused to admit it, "I didn't."

At this time, Xiao Yuan could tell all kinds of nonsense, and he followed suit: "Okay, I was the one who provoked the queen first. Niangniang, is it important? Is the queen willing to be aggrieved again?"

He just wanted to do it, but he actually got involved with his wife. Pei Qing covered his mouth and said, "What the hell are you talking about!"

Xiao Yuan was amused and took her hand, "If you want to shut my mouth, you have to use this place."

After saying that, he kissed her passionately and forcefully.

The night is still very long.

Han Ning Palace's charming and narrow room symbolizes eternity.

  【over】

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*