Chapter 3 CONFUSION

Shinaya's pov:

I woke up with my alarm, grogginess clinging to me like a heavy blanket. Despite the dizziness due to the previous night, the importance of exams propelled me out of bed. I quickly got ready and made my way downstairs.

As I made my way to the breakfast table, I was greeted by the familiar banter of my family. "Latecomers," Azaan, my mischievous younger brother, teased as I took my seat. It was a running joke in our household that I was always the last one to join the table, no matter how early I tried to wake up.

"Thank you," I replied with a playful smile, choosing to interpret his teasing as a compliment. I exchanged greetings with everyone at the table

Grabbing a piece of boiled egg, I stole a moment to review my assignment as I knew that I wouldn't have time to do so once classes began. "Have you completed your assignment?" my mother inquired.

"Yep," I confirmed with a nod, grateful that I had managed to finish it in time. My father chimed in with his question, asking about the schedule for my upcoming exams.

"Yes, baba," I replied."They're at the end of next month."

"Oooooo," Azaan interjected with a mischievous grin, "good days are over."

Laughter filled the room as my father joined in, teasing me about the challenges that lay ahead. 

"No, actually, good days are coming," I exclaimed excitedly. "Remember I told you about the basketball championship? It's going to be held in two weeks."

"Really? Oh, wow!" My mother's eyes widened with surprise and delight. "How are your preparations going?"

"They're going well, but we still need some practice on our throws," I admitted. "We'll be practicing after class from now until the finals.". I told them.

My mother nodded in understanding with a supportive smile gracing her lips. "That's great to hear. Just make sure to balance your studies with your extracurricular activities." My father said advisingly.

Before I could respond, Azaan chimed in with his teasing remark. "You should be more focused on your exams right now, sis. Don't get failed, or our honor will be destroyed in the family."

I rolled my eyes at his playful jab."Don't worry, bhai, I will. But what about your exams? They're earlier than mine, aren't they?" I interjected, concern lacing my voice as I turned to Atif.

"Really? You didn't tell me, Atif," my mother exclaimed.

"I didn't know either, Mom," Atif replied smoothly, quick to cover up his oversight. "She just has faster sources of information."

"Azaaaan," my mother chided gently.

"Mom, I can swear I didn't know either," Atif protested innocently, his expression earnest as he met our mother's gaze.

"Whenever they are, just make sure you both focus on them, alright?" my father interjected, his concern evident in his voice as he addressed us both.

"Okay, baba," Atif and I responded in unison, reassured by our father's reminder.

"And Shinaya, also focus on your championship. I know you will manage it as well," he added. His words were filled with confidence in my abilities.

I nodded, grateful for my family's support and encouragement as I prepared to face the challenges that lay ahead. With their unwavering belief in me, I knew that I could overcome any obstacles that came my way, both in my academic pursuits and on the basketball court.

"Okay, let's just leave," my father said as he rose from his seat, signaling that it was time to depart. I bid goodbye to my mother and the four of us left together. Since my and Azaan's school was nearby, my father dropped us off first.