chapter 20 VAGUE REALITY

Shinaya's POV:

On our way back, after we dropped Aqsa off, my tension was evident. The Kadar family I saw and spent time with wasn't like this. The question kept roaming in my mind.

"What happened to you? You seem... off," Mahnoor asked, observing me silently.

"You didn't eat the food properly and you seemed down since morning, is everything alright?" she asked sincerely.

"Nothing yar," I said dismissively. I didn't start the topic of Wassal during lunch because after the bomb Aqsa dropped on me, I was into another shock.

"Jab tujhay pata hai ke tujh say tension nahi chupai jati tu koshish bhi kyun krti hai," (when you know that you can't hide your tension then why do you try) she said, smirking, as she knew me very well. I wasn't able to hide my stress, but I was able to cover it in front of people I wasn't close enough to. But in the case of Mahnoor, Aqsa, and Maryam, I couldn't hide anything from them, neither happiness nor sadness. 

"It's just...yar," I said confusingly.

"What?" she asked. 

"Yar, I don't know where to start," I said frustratedly.

"Ok, relax, take a deep breath, and start," she said. I took a deep breath and told her about the incident from last night. I explained everything and also shared my concerns related to Wassal's family.

"Hmm, so what do you think of it? What do you think he is doing it for?" she asked me. 

"I don't know yar, I think he might be doing it out of some moral duty or something," I said frustratedly. 

"Hmm, it's possible. But then why are you stressing so much? You said that he might be doing it out of some moral duty or something, so it's clear that there is no other purpose," she reasoned.

"Yar, I'm not worried about that too much, but now I'm confused about his family," I told her.

"I didn't know that they were such gangsters, as Aqsa was telling. I'm just so... shocked," I said.

"Tell me one thing, you know his family right? your family has been friends with Mustafa's family for a long time, so what do you think? whatever Aqsa was telling could be true?" I asked her.

"yaarrrr" she said and after a pause she answered, "To be honest, I do not know, i have been friends with Mustafa for so long despite the age factor but I can't say anything so surely" 

"I've heard about those things Aqsa was talking about but..." she stopped

"But what?" I pressed 

"None of them is verified. so I'm not sure" She completed her sentence

"And come on, it's politics yar. We don't know anyone for who they could be inside," she said casually.

"But then again, I couldn't believe it!" I said, putting a hand on my forehead.

"Come on shina, just don't worry. And What do you have to do with them? They are just your family friends, and you're not so close with Wassal, are you?" she asked.

"No!" I exclaimed."So then it's done. Don't get worried, okay? It's their matter, let them do what the heck they want, okay?" she said."Hmm," I said, looking out of the window.

I was still not satisfied, but she was right we were just friends with them, and we had no business or family interference with them so I should not be worried so much.

.....................................................

After dinner, Baba dropped a bombshell on me. "Ali has invited us to a party," he announced, ending the call.