Chapter 35 THE DECISION

Wassal's POV:

She had been staring at me since when I entered the room her eyes didn't distract from me but the moment I glanced at her. Whenever I glanced at her she immediately turned her gaze away. She was staring like this at me for the first time, I would have assumed that she was in love with me but she was Shinaya, besides this, I knew she was shocked. She saw when I shot that fucker. Her golden eyes were scanning me like she was finding anything, maybe humanity.

"How long are you gonna stare at me like this?" I finally asked straightening up from the sofa.

At first, her eyes widened and she gulped and then made a useless try to ignore me.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards her bed, and her eyes widened even more. I could feel her breath fastened but she kept pretending to ignore me.

I reached her bed and stared at her until she looked at me. She hesitantly looked at me with a shocked expression. I raised my eyebrows in question.

"I_I was not staring at you" She was not good at lies.

"You were" I replied with a smirk, she even looks cute when she lies like no one can catch her.

"I_I " she stopped.

"You want to ask something?" I assisted her.

"I_I ," she took a little pause and then inquired, "Can I ask you something?"

"You don't need permission!" I replied looking straight into her eyes, however, she avoided eye contact as usual.

"You killed that man..." she stated hesitantly, pressing the sheet under her hands, I knew she was feeling confused.

"Yes, I did" I verified. She took another pause.

She stared at me shocked on my answer.

She casted her gaze down again. I could see the tension on her face.

"You think I did the wrong, don't you?"

She stared back at me with a shock, she shook her head in refusal. "No, I.." She paused. "You," she paused again, as if thinking before speaking again. "You just killed a man, and you..." she stopped again as she clenched the sheet

" I didn't felt anything like regret shinaya!" I declared, making it easier for her.

I shook my head casually and replied, "You think I should feel something?"

"No, but, yes! No, I, I, I mean you, how could you...?" She asked hesitantly.

"No, I didn't even feel an inch of regret nor did I thought twice before shooting him!" I declared.

"But Yeah I felt one thing, and that was peace" I replied her casually.

"Peace?" She repeated in disbelieve.

"Yes, they were threatening you, they could not be given any chance," I stated in a calm yet firm tone.

She was looking at me like I was not a human, "I would have killed the rest too, If Baba didn't ask me to stop" She was now in a mixture of disbelief and anger.

"I wanted to kill them all but guards shot them at their legs, hands, and others so that they would be perfect proof of their dirty work," I said dismissively.

She didn't answer anything, she frowned and began to clench her fists. I knew she wasn't understanding the point.

"They were threatening you" I took a step closer. "they could have done anything!" I clenched my jaw.

"But what if he targets us even more? And what if the police didn't believe us??" She yelled out of frustration.

"Then what do you wanted me to do, huh? Wait for their next move?" I yelled back. "I don't want my family to suffer more!!" she spoke in a trembling voice. "If your shot had missed, what would have happened?" A stream of tears rolled down her cheeks. Her golden eyes...Why I feel so weak when she weeps...