Chapter 33

"Are you sure she can be in here?" 

Calypso turned to look at the Siren who was swimming beside her. The young man's bright yellow eyes were filled with worry, his own frills and fins were vibrating and chirping.

"I'm sure." Calypso answered with a gentle smile. "She won't face us, and she'll keep playing her game."

"But no one can keep curiosity at bay forever." The Siren retorted, shaking his head a bit.

"I'll bet you a hundred dollars she won't ever look." Calypso smiled.

"A hundred?! You'll loose!"

Calypso grinned and swam up from the bottom of the pool before looking across the pool room towards the bleachers where Hecate was sitting with her back turned towards the pool room. Instead her attention was solely focused on the video game she was playing.

The Siren swam up beside her looking nervous, as did the three other mermaids using the pool room.

"Hey Katy!" Calypso called.

"What the f-" The Siren snapped.

"Sup?" Hecate called back, not turning her head from her game.

"I'm hungry. What do you feel like eating after this?" Calypso asked.

Hecate paused her game, setting it in her lap as her head tilted backwards only slightly so she could look up at the ceiling in thought. "Do you want Chinese?"

"Ooo, that sounds good. Do you want to get sushi too?" 

"Reza told me of a really good place we can try. We can head out whenever you're ready." Hecate answered.

"That sounds awesome. I can't wait." Calypso answered. Hecate seemed to nod to herself before raising her game console back up to continue to play her game.

Calypso grinned back at the Siren who blinked in surprise. "She really doesn't want to look?" He whispered.

"Nope." Calypso answered. "She knows its not okay, so she won't do it. She's here for me."

Amara swam over quickly, surfacing beside the two of them. Her orange colored scales made her stand out a bit more compared to the others but it matched her orange colored hair.

"She's such a good girl." Amara grinned playfully.

"I'm waiting for that money, Titus." Calypso answered, holding her hand out towards the Siren.

He rolled his eyes. "I'll get your money later. I don't swim with my wallet." 

"Thanks for buying us dinner." Calypso grinned. "If she ever does look I'll pay you back with interest."

"I look forward to it." Titus glared.

The merfolk swam for a while longer before finally getting out. Calypso showered before putting on her track suit only to make her way towards Hecate who was still sitting where she was left, and continuing to play her game. 

"You ready to go?" Calypso asked.

"Sounds good to me." Hecate nodded as she saved her game before stuffing it in her bag before standing up and looking straight at Calypso who started making her way out.

As the two of them left, Titus groaned from where he was getting ready, getting Calypso to laugh and wave at him as the two of them left.

"Do I want to know?" Hecate asked.

"Titus was worried you were going to look at us." Calypso answered. "He's paying for our meal since he didn't believe me when I said you wouldn't."

"I was wondering why you were shouting at me from across the pool." Hecate chuckled. "Glad I got us a free meal."