Chapter 38

"Yes like a snake. I have specific teeth that deliver the venom and if I don't use them to bite then I can't hurt anyone. It's a paralytic." Calypso answered after a short pause to catch her breath. Her hands went to move back to Hecate's body as she was now sitting on her lap, sitting up right on top of her. However she noticed the wet sensation on her hands and glanced down to see her claws covered in a bit of blackish blood. "Fuck, I'm sorry Katy."

"For what?" Hecate asked, before following her gaze and taking her wrists. One at a time she licked the blood off Calypso's fingers and claws, getting the mermaid to stare at her with a sultry smile before seemingly snapping herself out of her trance.

"For hurting you."

"Already healed." Hecate answered, pulling her wrists and encouraging her to touch her back again. Calypso responded, gently running her fingers across her back only to smile softly as she realized that the woman spoke the truth, and there were no signs of the wounds anywhere on her back. "Seriously, don't worry about scratching the shit out of me. Even if you stabbed me I'd heal. I took a bullet for you with no issue remember?"

"True. I shouldn't think of you as someone so fragile. I keep forgetting you're not a human."

Hecate opened her wings once more with a smile. "What gave it away?"

"They did stay the entire time." Calypso noted with a smile of her own as she reached up to gently touch the black feathers. "To be honest... I think both the feathers, and the fangs suit you." 

"Oh? Like some kind of Fallen Angel?" Hecate asked.

"Yeah. In a way." Calypso nodded. "Still... I think it suits you."

"Would you prefer horns or a halo?"

Calypso chuckled. "As one with horns and spines myself I have a preference for them. But I think you'd look good in a halo." Calypso noted with a smile, lowering her hands from Hecate's back to move them across her thighs as the woman was still sitting on top of her legs. She very carefully ran the pads of her fingers across the other woman's skin getting Hecate to close her eyes and enjoy the sensation.

"Was this better than swim practice?" Hecate asked as she leaned back down, cupping Calypso's face lightly as she leaned in for another kiss.

"By far." Calypso answered. "I'm almost tempted to skip."

"Almost?"

"They would know, since we'd both be absent from our practices." Calypso confessed. "And I didn't work this hard to make a Varsity Team just to throw it out the window for a pretty girl."

"Even if this pretty girl literally knocks your socks off?"

"I'm usually barefoot anyway. Human legs are so wobbly." Calypso admitted. "I much prefer my own legs."

"I'm sure you do. You have great legs." 

"Scaly, spiny, double jointed-"

"Luscious, beautiful, colorful legs that I adore. If I have to kiss my way down I will." Hecate warned.

Calypso chuckled. "I know you would too. I suppose I shouldn't tempt you."

"That's probably the smartest thing you've said all night." 

"Smarter than tempting to skip?"

"It would be pretty stupid to skip. They'd all know. We'd both be absent after all."

Calypso couldn't help but chuckle before leaning back up to kiss her once again. "I thought this would be so much more terrifying." 

"Am I really that bad at kissing?"