18~ Caught Between Past And Present

Ahin made her way towards the convenience store to buy some bread and milk. She made her way as she greeted the person on counter.

She picked some chocolate milk and bread, she stopped grabbing everyone's favorite drinks and made her way to the counter to pay for it.

She thanked the worker and made her way out of the shop stopping when she bumped into someone, "Oh, I'm sorry" Ahin said bowing to the person she bumped into.

"Ahin?" Junwoo said getting a clear view of who it was. Ahin winced mentally for bumping into someone she wants to avoid till the end of the world.

"Sorry" Ahin said before walking away but Junwoo stopped her by grabbing her arm as Ahin flinched.

Junwoo furrowed his eyebrows before letting go of Ahin's arm. "I'm sorry" Junwoo said feeling guilty for startling Ahin. Ahin glared at him, "What is it?" Ahin asked feeling irritated by the random encounters with Junwoo.

"I heard from Hwayoung about your family. I'm sorry that I wasn't with you at that time" Junwoo said feeling sad about not being able to be with Ahin during her hardest time.

"Thank you for not being with me, otherwise I wouldn't have met such wonderful people in my life" Ahin said rolling her eyes and walking away making her way towards her home.

Ahin leaned on the kitchen counter sighing, she did not understand why she kept bumping with the Shin siblings, they both have only caused her pain and she does not want to remember any of it.

"What's wrong?" Heeseung asked making Ahin flinch. "Ah, I'm sorry didn't mean to scare you" he said. Ahin sighed closing her eyes tightly.

Heeseung noticed that Ahin has been looking a little off since the day before. "I'm all ears if you need someone" Heeseung said giving Ahin a small smile.

"I do need a little help" Ahin said as Heeseung leaned on the kitchen counter to listen to what Ahin had to say.

"So, it's not about me but a friend of mine" Ahin said as Heeseung tried his best not to smile since he knew that it was definitely about Ahin.

"So, I have this friend who is with this boy and suddenly she bumps into her ex and she keeps bumping into her ex and her ex had hurt her pretty badly and she does not want to tell her boyfriend because she does not want to even think about her past but things keep getting mixed up and she doesn't know know how to keep her past and her present separate" Ahin continued frustratedly.

Heeseung slowly nod his head before saying, "So, why is she trying so hard to avoid her ex?" Heeseung asked.

"I mean, she doesn't want to do anything with her past" Ahin said trying to convince Heeseung why it's better for her to avoid Junwoo.

"What if everything is happening all over again because of how she keeps avoiding everything and her feeling as well. She should let her boyfriend know as well, it will only hurt him if he gets to know it from a third person" Heeseung said making Ahin sigh.

"Thank you, Heeseung. I'll let her know" Ahin said to which Heeseung shrugged his shoulders, "Anytime" he said leaving the kitchen.

Ahin sighed as she remembered what Heeseung said. Maybe Heeseung is right, the reason why everything is happening is because she just wanted to let go of past and not even think for a second.

When Ahin broke up with Junwoo she did not mention him at all and just lived like nothing happened but the reason why she couldn't really process everything was because right after she broke up with Junwoo she got the news of her family passing away.

Ahin started dating Junwoo when she was in tenth grade, and Junwoo was in twelfth. She dated Junwoo for two years and those two years were horrific for her.