Chapter 14

Zoro

"His pulse is very weak and I mean extremely weak. I'll do everything I can but I don't know if it'll be enough." Chopper says and he starts working away. I feel my heart clenching and the need to punch something. "I need someone to carry him to the castle while I keep working." Chopper suddenly speaks up and I gently pick Kaz up bridal style. I carefully walk towards the mansion with Chopper directing me and everyone else following behind. I can hear Sanji filling them in on what happened but I ignore it and focus on getting Kaz to the mansion without adding any more injuries to his already terribly injured body. We reach the mansion and Chopper directs me to place Kaz in one of the few intact rooms on a piece of stone slab. Chopper pushes me out of the room and I stare at the closed door in front of me for a couple of seconds in surprise. I slide down against the wall beside the door and cross my legs so no one trips over them. I gently place my head against the wall and close my eyes.

Even though Kaz was covered in wounds his clothes didn't look to bad. The only thing different about Kaz's clothes was that they're covered in blood and his shirt had a huge hole in the front of it; actually he kinda looks like he did when we first found him back in Water Seven. He never did tell us what happened to him. Even though it hasn't been a while since we left Water Seven it feels like forever. In the beginning I didn't trust him but over time he became someone who I really trust. I guess after I confronted him about the journal and seeing him cry I began to trust him. After the Lovely Island incident I started thinking about Kaz as one of my few close friends and we hung out a lot more. I tried to ignore thinking about the kiss but I found myself thinking about it every now and again.

I always found myself blushing when I thought about it and after some time I started to get the feeling that I needed to protect him no matter what. It killed me when I found out that Kaz had been kidnapped and I just wanted to beat the person who kidnapped Kaz to a bloody pulp. I was ready to tear the whole island of Thriller Bark to pieces just to find Kaz but I knew I would be more useful elsewhere. When Kaz showed up I was relieved to the moon and beyond. I couldn't help myself I gave Kaz a huge hug and after that Franky ended up causing us to kiss again. If I could've I probably would've kissed Kaz forever but Luffy's zombie made his appearance. We were fighting it and Kaz ended up getting hit. He was thrown through the mansions wall and I felt rage boiling through my body. I was going to kill Oars and after some more fighting Kaz showed up along with Brook. I was so relieved that Kaz was okay but Oars started attacking Kaz like crazy.

He was doing fine but a small piece of rock caused him to lose his balance and I tried to get there before Kaz was hit but I was too late. Before he was hit Kaz gave me a small smile and I think it was to calm me down but it had the opposite effect. I was filled with anger and I was ready to explode. Then when Kaz showed up while we were dealing with Kuma and he offered himself for all the lives on Thriller Bark I was scared. I wasn't going to let Kaz do that since I knew they would kill him like any other pirate. My heart broke into pieces when Kaz called me swordsman and said that he didn't care about us at all. Even though he said that I wasn't going to let him go and we went after him. Kaz ended up crying again and he thanked me before knocking me out.

When I woke and found Kaz gone I was dying inside. I didn't want Kaz to leave and it killed me to know that I couldn't do anything about it. My hopes got up when I thought that we might be able to catch them but I was devastated when we found that clearing with blood splattered everywhere. I had feared for the worst since so much blood covered the clearing. It only got worse when I spotted Kaz's arm peeking out from underneath that huge pile of logs and I thought I might lose him for good. I don't know how I'm going to live if he dies; please god, if you really do exist, help Kaz survive this ordeal. Something pats my shoulder and I open my eyes to see Luffy standing there.