Chapter 40

Kaz

Okay stop thinking about the island it's time to start training. First off let's start with physical training. Training schedule making time; a couple seconds pass and I complete my training schedule. By noon I have to have done 50 sit-ups, 75 push-ups, 100 laps around the island, 39 squats, and then I have to do a half an hour long plank. I think and after two and a half hours I'm sitting there thinking of what training to do next. Let's see we'll do mental training next. My new training schedule consisted of many ways of sharpening my mind and also allowing me to keep my calm in extreme pressured situations.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and think back on today. Today was a productive day and if I train like this tomorrow as well I'll be stronger in no time. Tomorrow I was going to focus on training my curse. I need better control of it; I still had a long way to go until I completely master it. The day after that was going to be weapons training since I felt the need to be able to handle any weapon in the case where I was stuck with using something that I hadn't before. I settle myself down on the beach and watched the sunset. It was so beautiful; the colours combined perfectly and left you with an awe struck feeling in your heart. It'd be better if Zoro was here to enjoy it with me. I shook my head and vanquished the thought but my mind wandered back to Zoro again.

I think back to the first time I met him. Luffy had slingshoted himself and Zoro up to the top of the crow's nest where I had been hiding. I had felt that Zoro was going to be one of the few people I could become close friends with but what I didn't expect was what happened after that. I stayed with Luffy's crew just to humour him but I still isolated myself. Well I tried to isolate myself but this crew found a way to slowly take down some of my walls. I felt myself getting attached to them but every time I tried to sever my connection with them they found a way to recreate it without me noticing. This crew found a way to get into my heart and stay there. At first Zoro didn't trust me but over time he started trusting me like anyone else on the crew. That happened after the Lovely Island incident where we also ended up accidently kissing but we agreed to forget about it. After that we hung out more and I found myself enjoying myself more. I truly laughed and smiled for once in what felt like a hundred years.

After that we ended up reaching Thriller Bark and all that crap happened. It got me thinking though. I was willing to sacrifice myself to save the lives of the Straw hat crew even if it meant going back to those horrible experiments that happened while I was in marine custody. They forced open my sealed heart and I began showing emotions around them. They completely shattered the walls I had built around my heart and the lock that sealed my heart shut. The person who tore down most of those walls had been Zoro.

When I was with him the walls came down on their own and I found myself showing my true emotions around him more than anyone else. I'm willing to sacrifice everything I've worked for just for them to be able to live and to continue focusing on their dreams. During the Thriller Bark incident Usopp said something that got me thinking. He said that Zoro and I would make a great couple. It got me thinking about how I felt about the swordsman which I wasn't too sure about. It was during our drinking game that I started to realize that I might like Zoro more than I should. I was shocked by my hair turning a light pink back when he kissed me since that had never happened before. When we were at Spa Island I started to actually realize that I liked him more as a friend and after the battle at Marinford when I saw Zoro covered in bandages I realized it. I fell in love with him. I fell in love with the moss headed swordsman whole heartedly. I sense a presence coming up behind me and as it gets closer I can distinguish it as Perona.

"Hey Kaz where are you?" I hear her yell.

"On the beach." I yell back and a couple seconds later Perona floats over.