Chapter 32

Kaz

This curse allows us to sense where those with Devil Fruits are located and what Devil Fruit it is. There have been a couple of cases were the curse holder is able to sense where certain people without Devil Fruit abilities are and we believe that this is only possible if the curse holder cares deeply for this other person or people; if you are able to do this then all curse holders before you with this same ability suggest that you stay close to them.

So that's what this is I think as I send the journal to a safe spot. Never thought this would've happened to me and stupid Kuma seemed to sense it before I did. Wait Kuma; suddenly I remember what he said before he bounced me away. I summon the note I got back on Thriller Bark and peel it open to see what it says. I have to reread it a couple of times for it to sink in but when it does I drop the sheet. The sheet floats down to the ground and the one sentence one it sticks out.

Fire Fist Ace has been captured and is going to be executed. It read and I let out a stream of curses. Shit this is all going to hell. I run my hand through my hair and stand up. I've gotta get a move on. If they're executing Ace then they'll be doing it at Marinford and I know it'll take me at least four days to get there but I have a stop to make. I don't know if I'll make it in time. I kick a nearby box and start pacing. Whitebeard won't let Ace just be executed so that means he'll fight and that'll buy me the time I need actually. I start jumping away and with each step closer prepare for the battle that will change the world for the better or worse.

After four and a half days of constant jumping and a little side stop, I was now walking across the sea heading towards Marinford while eating some sponge cake to refuel my energy. Only a couple of hours remained 'til the time of Ace's execution. I finish my sponge cake and feel my energy return to full, that should last me about two days of constant fighting. I feel an earthquake and see a huge wave in the distance. Looks like it's started I think and keep going at a constant speed towards Marinford without expelling too much energy. Hold on Ace I'm coming, I won't let you die.

~~~

Luffy

"Ace I found you!" I call out waving to Ace when I see everyone just staring at us in shock. "We're here to save you." I notice Crocodile's moving and he's heading towards the really big old dude with a huge white mustache.

"It's been a while Whitebeard," Crocodile says and just before he can attack the old dude I kick him which sends him flying back some. "We had an agreement, why do you defend Whitebeard?" Croc asks me.

"So this guy really is Whitebeard, you're not touching him. He's the one guy Ace really cares about." I say and glare Croc down when suddenly a couple of other pirates show up and hold him back.

"Boy, that straw hat reminds me of Red Hair's hat." Whitebeard says and I look back at him.

"You know Shanks? I'm holding onto his hat for him." I tell him and turn my full attention to him now.

"Are you here to save your brother?" Whitebeard asks me and I nod my head. "You know who you're going up against don't you? You'll simply be throwing away your life."

"Shut up; that's not for you to decide and I've heard about you. You want to be the Pirate King, right? We'll I'm the one who will be the Pirate King." I say and I turn my attention forward to where Ace was.

"Well you better not get in my way Green-horn." Whitebeard says turning towards Ace as well.

"I'll do this however I want," I say. "Hey Old Dude they plan to execute Ace ahead of schedule but they have to finish some preparations or something first. I figured that since we're both trying to save Ace you should know that info."