Do-hee

The next week, after I finished a photo shoot, I received a call from an unknown number. "Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Do-hee's number? I'm Park Ji-hyo, Mr. Kim Baekjoon's secretary."

'Mr. Kim Baekjoon...wait...Mingyu's dad!?'

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Mr. Kim actually wants to meet you tonight. He requested a private meeting with you. Alone." The implication was clear that Mingyu was not invited.

"I see. When does Mr. Kim want to meet me?"

"He requested to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in his office."

"Very well. I'll make sure to arrive on time, Ms. Park. Please give my regards to Mr. Kim." I was slightly confused and concerned about why Mingyu's dad wanted to meet me. As far as I remembered, he didn't seem to like me much and preferred Kang Hyerin over me.

---

"So, Mingyu's dad wants to meet you? For what?" Haewon asked as she brought my lunch during our break.

"I don't know myself. I guess we'll find out once I meet him."

"Will you tell Mingyu about it?"

"I think not. If his dad wanted me to tell his son, he wouldn't have scheduled a private meeting with me only. I think that says a lot."

"Well, you're right. Let's see what happens then."

I wore a black top paired with a plaid long skirt and brought a box of yakgwa as a gift for Mr

I wore a black top paired with a plaid long skirt and brought a box of yakgwa as a gift for Mr. Kim. At 7 p.m. sharp, I arrived at the company. His secretary, Ms. Park, led me into his office. Seeing me, he came forward to greet me. I smiled politely and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kim. I hope you had a great day. This is a little gift from me to you." Saying so, I handed him the gift.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you once again, Do Do-hee. Thank you for this gift." He then took the gift from me and gave it to his secretary. "Would you like anything to drink? Tea? Juice? Water?"

"Water would be nice, thank you." After a few minutes, Ms. Park returned with a tray of the desserts I had brought earlier and two glasses of water. After placing them on the table in front of me, she excused herself from the room.

"So, how are you? Firstly, I would like to apologize for my behavior last time. I shouldn't have made such rude comments to you."

"I'm fine. No, it's okay, Mr. Kim. You don't have to apologize. As a father, you were just looking out for your son. I understand."

"I'm glad that you do. However, my son doesn't seem to understand it. But wait until he becomes a father, I suppose." I laughed politely at his remark, still unsure why he wanted to meet me tonight. "I'm sure you don't know why I wanted to meet you in private."

"Yes, Mr. Kim, I do not know the reason why you wanted to meet me in private. But I'm here and I'm all ears to whatever you have to say."

"I've actually... heard about your recent scandal. That you dropped out of a movie, causing millions in losses." I was pretty shocked to hear him bring up the entire fiasco about my recent scandals in the past couple of days.