FDL | 2

      "You call me just to stay quiet on the phone?" He asked, standing out on the patio of his mother's home, looking out onto the large backyard, and returned several of his wife's calls

"Just trying to see when you're coming home..." His wife spoke after her silence, "It's going on five in the mornin and I'm here doing this alone. Again."

"And I fell asleep-"

"You're awake now," Shantey interrupted him.

"-lookin' after my sick motha," he finished with a deep frown. "Sorry my focus been on if she gon' die in the next thirty seconds." He whispered harshly, peaking over his shoulder to check on if he didn't wake his mother inside.

"You don't have to be fucking sarcastic with me. The kids are about to get up, and I have to pick up Kory and Kendra from airport-"

"I'll pick up Kory and Kendra to take at least that off your plate."

"The least you can do," Shantey said, hanging up in his face.

"Go to your family," The voice turned him around immediately.

His mother, Ruth, stood inside with her hair scarf and printed moo moo gown with her arms crossed-the crack of dawn breeze blowing in and giving her a soft shiver. "Momma, you not posed to be up," he stated quickly as he walked in and shut the patio. He then took her arm and assisted her on the couch nearby. "How you even get down here? Think it's time we move you on downstairs. I can do it before I head out to get K&K from the airport."

"Okay. Carine wakes me up right at five to make me breakfast Ima just throw it up." Ruth chuckled weakly, watching her youngest son drop his head. "Hey. Lift your head up. Come here."

Tae takes one stride to sit in the spot she pat with her hand. He sat facing her and taking her hand gently.

"I chose this remember," she reminds, smiling softly. "I've made peace with it. I want you and your brothas to help me with my will. Get everything finalized."