FDL | 5

"How you gone be showing me the space, and I can't see it, Sean?"

      The scuffling went on on the other end as the phone lifted right to Sean's eyes and forehead. Shantey snickered, sitting in the media room after she was finally able to get some alone time. The laptop and baby monitor sat on her lap, the screen on a video chat.

      "Ion' know how to work this goofy ass phone," he said.

      "Give it here," The phone was taken just before her sister's face came into the screen for a second, then the camera flipped around to the empty space. "Ok, this the restaurant. I think it's the best location if you ask me. That I found. It's in the Greenwood. Gonna have to do a lot of renovations. I say a few months Soul Fries will be up and running."

      Soul Fries was a business she, her sister, and Sean decided to partner in with one another. She ate the decorative fries her entire pregnancy. It got to the point she practically forced Sean to come out to California and cook them for her personally. Shantey and Monae were both strict with what and who they put their money behind, but Sean, it was different. He was different. The streets wasn't in future anymore but cooking was. They believed in him, and the takeout spot would come into fruition.

      They weren't going into it blind. Sean's style fries were known in their hometown, and he held a popup event to prove the hype it held. He cooked and sold plates out his house for a week straight, proving his hustle and focus. Sean had money to keep him stable. But not their kind of money—legal money. All he needed was the two behind him financially and with as stand up of a guy as he is, the money they put in he would pay it back plus interest.

      "It definitely needs gut work, but being in Greenwood I like it. Send me over the prices."

      "No need. It's bought." The camera flipped back to Monae and her smiling face. She read into her sister's blank face. "I know what you're gonna say but we couldn't pass this up, Sha. Someone else was tryna get it. Gave a cash offer."

      Shantey exhaled, leaning her head onto her hand with her nails scratching her scalp lightly. "Okay but no more paying for stuff without me. Yeah?"

      "Got it," Mo promised. "Let's get some vegan hot dogs. Lock it up."

      "The fuck is vegan hot dogs, carrots mashed together?" Sean asked in the background, and the sisters laughed.

      "You'll like them." Mo assured, "Maeve's vegan, so I gotta by them all of the time. Not so bad. But looking around we'll be the only fry business on this block, so no competition on that."

"That sounds good..."

      Shantey's tone makes Monae stare down at the screen, her eyes squinting from the bright sun. "You sound tired."