FDL | 25

The five-foot-nine beauty walked her long legs forward for the front door as she wore the rosebud printed slip dress and sandals

The five-foot-nine beauty walked her long legs forward for the front door as she wore the rosebud printed slip dress and sandals. She gathered her honey blonde tresses back in a neat casual bun. Nearing the door, she reached out, twist the doorknob, and pulled open the door just to come face-to-face with her best friend manager, publicist, and attorney. Her gaze glanced to the small folder in the attorney's hand. She sighed, leaning on the front door. "She been having a stressful few weeks," she said.

"We know, Am," Jasmine said to the protective friend. "But this is important."

Getting another look at the envelope, Amanda stepped aside and allowed them in. She shut the door and followed them right in the living room a few steps away where Shantey sat. Her focus was on the seventy inch mounted on the wall. The wide screen showcased split screens of helicopters flying over Michael homes and one other in San Diego. Amanda got the remote and muted the anchor.

"Jaz, Phae, and Jean are here."

Shantey's green eyes read the white words at the bottom of the screen. "Say he was arrested; he'll be out in a hour." She said, staring over to her team and notice their faces. "What is it?"

Jasmine shut off the TV completely while Jean came ahead of her. "He was arrested, and yes, he might be out in an hour... But he's not gonna remain out. They found evidence at the location in San Diego. Do you ever remember going there?" she asked delicately.

"When MRM first signed me. His mother lives there. Why are you talking to me like a kid, Jean? Out with it."

Jean glanced to Jasmine and Phae. "They.. found some things there; things that will lock him up. Pictures of those women."

"They found some of you, too, Shantey." Jasmine announced softly.

"They were in some hidden spot inside her home," Phae added. "Do you have any recollection of him doing that?"

      "Let me see them."

Jean hand her the rectangular envelope that had weight to it and she quickly dumped them out on the coffee table. Over a hundred polaroids covered the table and two clear cases with discs inside. Shantey exhaled shakily.

"You said just photos," she said.

Jean gulped. "You were the only one he had video recordings of."

Shantey shuffled through the old polaroids and picked up the first one. She recognized it immediately. "This.. it was the night I Choose You played at a party in front of thousands of celebrities. I was so fucking happy," she chuckled lowly and then it faded. "Till I got in the limo..."

Taking her gaze off the polaroid, Shantey scanned over all the other ones and frowned. "I don't remember these," she said frantically flipping over all the other polaroids she didn't recognize. She was either sleep and naked or high. "I don't remember these!"