FDL | 8

The ice pack being placed on his right eye had him recoil by the hand of the beauty who sat beside him

The ice pack being placed on his right eye had him recoil by the hand of the beauty who sat beside him. "Sorry," she apologized softly. She sat on with her legs under her. "She done that?"

Glancing over at Winnie, he nodded and tilted his head back. He sat in the living room of her condo. "She found this," he held up her earring.

Winnie quickly took it back and exhaled heavily. One thing she didn't want to be was the woman that fucked her boss. She been working with Tae for so long, starting at a position within the TUFF CROWD brand before working her way up into the executive position. She never thought there was anything between she and Tae; until as of lately. The night after Ruth's funeral was the thing that pushed their bodies together. Her relating to his pain and Hennessy at the TC warehouse showed how much attraction the two really had.

After the first time turned into another at his house recently where she mistakenly left behind her earring. The one that had Tae in the predicament he was currently in with a black eye and a few scratches.

"Do she know, it's me?" Winnie asked. "I'm not scared. But all the years I've known you and Shantey, when she at this level, anybody can get it. I'm too fine to be fighting your wife."

"It's not even bouta get to that point."

"As if you can guarantee that." She exhaled stressfully. "We shouldn't have done this. Karma gonna eat me alive for even sleeping with a man that took vows with another woman. She was nice to me. I was around your kids. Oh, my God!"

Winnie rushed up, walking with panic. "Your kids. She doesn't play bout y'all's kids, Tavon. It was one thing doin it with you. But being in her face, the kids faces. She gonna fuck me up."

Tae exhaled, removing the ice pack from his eye. "I need you to relax."

Winnie looked at him. "That's easy for you to say. Their always mad at the other woman the most."

"She took her anger out on who she wanted to; me." Tae gestured to his face, "My grandson first birthday next week and I gotta find a way to hide this shit. You gon' help me, or worry bout sumn that's not bouta happen?"

Winnie rolled her eyes. "I may have foundation to match you. Wait here."

Just as she disappear down the hall, his phone rung and a contact he hadn't saw since last year pops up—Chi.

     "Why you calling me?" he asked his divorce attorney.

"I'm assuming you haven't heard." His attorney spoke in his ear.

"Heard what?" he asked, as Winnie emerged with her makeup bag.

"She filed the divorce. Again." Chi informed him, "The paperwork right here in front of me with her signature. There is some difference though."