FDL | 6

𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘞𝘖 𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘚 𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘓𝘐𝘌𝘙

      Tae opened the front door after the doorbell rung, and pulled it open. The woman standing out on the porch of his mother's house rocked a pantsuit and the strap of her briefcase settled on her shoulder. The sun beamed down on her melanin skin. She smiled warmly, and opened her mouth to speak. "Hi. Good morning. I'm Angela Yak; the social worker Dr. Beesley referred."

      "Yeah, we been expecting you. Tavon." he introduced with his hand out, and even though Angela was well aware of who he and his brothers were, she kept it professional. She shook his hand firmly, and walked in once she was allowed. "You can walk straight ahead. They all in there."

      Angela walked ahead of Tae, getting sight of the many faces. The amount of melanin in the room surprised her but also made her smile. "Hello everyone. I'm Angela Yak."

      "Why you Black with a Asian last name?" Cru opened his mouth and asked.

      The laughter was light around the room, even from Angela herself.

"Leave it to this nigga," Tyson said within his chuckle.

      "Im married, and took my husband's last name." Angela told Cru.

      "Yak, though? That sound like yaga!" Cru pulled at Ken's two strand twists.

      "Don't pull mine." Ken said, punching Cru, and it quickly turned into the boys wrestling on the floor.

      Tae quickly went into breaking the two apart. "This not why we here. Y'all cut it out."

      Cru and Ken kept on punching each other on the sly, making Avant sit in between the two of them.

      "Sorry bout that. I'm Toby." He walked up to Angela, shaking her hand.

      Angela chuckled. "It's perfectly fine. Trust me." She assured and shook hands with De as well. "So who's all who?"

      The line of introduction started with the eldest of the grandkids, Troy, and the youngest, Azoni—the twins being home with Shantey. Angela memorized every thirteen grandchildren present.

      "For the ones that don't know why a stranger's in your home," Angela started releasing a small chuckle. "I'm a social worker that works with your Grandma's doctor in the Palliative Care Unit."

      "What's palli..." Seona struggled to pronounce.

      "Palliative care," Lotus pronounced correctly for her cousin sitting on her lap. "It's doctors that help really sick people live more comfortably."

      "That's right," Angela confirmed. "Dr. Beesley was there for ya Grandma and today, I'm here for you guys."

      "Why us though?" Toby's eighteen-year-old Hendrick asked. "We not sick."