FDL | 24

"Then there's—" the voice paused once the door pushed open with a knock following

     "Then there's—" the voice paused once the door pushed open with a knock following. He leaned into the room, his brown irises locking with the blue eyes belonging to the brunette haired woman in her navy scrubs. His cologne breezed in off his oversized embroidered jersey T-shirt with his brand's logo printed on the chest, and black jogger bottoms.

     "My apologies for the interruption," He placed a hand on his chest as he step his six-foot-six build inside fully. "The nurse walked me back. I'm the—"

      "Dad..." His irises, then, averted to Winnie sitting on the exam table, rocking a graphic tee and light blue jeans. Her lace front was clipped up. "He's the Dad that I assumed wouldn't be here."

      "Oh! Okay." The Lakewood doctor realized, then introduced herself. "Dr. Gardiner," she held out her hand.

      Tae shook it briefly. "Tavon."

      "Glad you could join us."

      He gave a nod, walking over to the chair and sat. He couldn't believe that he was back sitting in another doctor office to hear a heartbeat to yet another baby he helped produce; and only six months after the twins. A DNA test proved that fact. They used protection every time but still a baby managed to be added to his eight.

      Although he felt a way, his divorce was finalized; a single man, and he got himself in the predicament and he will handle it as he does the rest.

      "We were actually just discuss—"

"It's fine, Dr. Gardiner." Winnie stopped her doctor. "We can just go into hearing the heartbeat, please."

      "Alrighty. You know the drill." She instructed, walking over to the gloves. "So, Tavon, do you have any children? I know Winnie has Cole. I was his doctor as well." she said, placing on gloves.

      "Uhh, yeah, I have eight."

      "Oh!" Dr. Gardiner chuckled softly, squeezing the gel on the bottom of her patient's abdomen. "Someone's fertile. You ready for the ninth?"

      "It's here; I don't necessarily have a choice but to ready."

      "Can we just..." Winnie urged, rolling her eyes.

      The doctor felt the awkward tension and just proceeded with the appointment.

      "Gonna act like we wasn't friends before this?" Tae asked Winnie after they exited the obstetrician center.

      Winnie turned on her heels to face him and away from her Benz. "You wanna be asking me that after the way you treated me? You had me talking through Arie as if I wasn't yo' assistant for seven damn years. We dropped the ball even getting sexual but to treat me like that was wild."