FDL | 18

The TV takes up the whole wall, looping every old-to-new Tuff Crowd campaigns, and had the pair of brown eyes settled on the screen

         The TV takes up the whole wall, looping every old-to-new Tuff Crowd campaigns, and had the pair of brown eyes settled on the screen. The white tee fit his lean build, and his hands stuffed inside the pockets of the navy sweats. He stood in the pair of Jordans, out of habit, cracking his head neck gently. The photo of LeBron rocking a Tuff Crowd piece looped when he felt the presence walk up beside him.

"We gotta campaign comin' up for the TCxRBK sneakers," Tae announced, glancing over to his nephew. "Join in it."

Javon looked over to Tae, a brow lifting upward. "You askin' or tellin'?"

"I'm tellin'." he said, patting his arm to get Javon to follow him. "Y'know, my brotha ain't bad. Nigga ill, but he a great father. You should at least try and open up to em. Might learn something."

Javon shook his head, looking around as they walk the Tuff Crowd warehouse. "I'm straight. I've exited out the thought of parents. I'm good without it."

"I used to say that when I was a kid..." Tae recalled, staring off at the racks of new clothes to be released. "Till I had to bury both of em. Might have ya kids, siblings, family you barely speak to; but wit out parents, it's lonely... and cold."

Javon averted his eyes to his uncle, seeing he was already staring at him. "I was born into a cold life. Can't get no colder."

The footfalls pulled Tae's eyes off Javon and to his assistant Mari and Cru walking in their direction.

"I think I'm sick." Cru said as soon as he approached Tae and Javon.

"Preciate you pickin' him up," he spoke to Mari as Cru leaned his body on him. He start to rub Cru curly hair that was in a fro.

"Of course," Mari said, glancing to Javon, who was eyeing her already. "I gotta call from Arie. She'll be coming by soon. She said don't leave. Sounded important."

"Aight, thank you, Mari."

Mari turned to walk away, going to handle count of shirts.

"I see you, Unc, with the fine assistant." Javon said, smiling hard.

"Aight on that," Tae said, looking down at Cru and feeling his forehead. "You hot. You call Ma?"

"No. She already busy with Azoni cause he sick, too. I didn't want to load too much on her, so I called you."

Tae nodded understandingly. "Aight, go lay in my office and Ima bring you some medicine."

Javon watched Cru walk away, as Tae texted Mari to head to a pharmacy. "How do you do it?" he asked.

"How I do what?" Tae asked as he tucked his phone in his pocket.