FDL | 4

"So, they really back living at the house wit Amanda?" Toby asked sitting at the table with his brothers in the midst of Duecey's birthday party

      "Yup," Tae said dryly, tilting the beer bottle to his lips and swallowing a swig. "Been there for the past few days."

      "See how he soundin'?" De pointed, chuckling lightly. "This nigga grew a li'l beard and actin' like a menace. Shoulda heard him yesterday when I rolled up on 'em at the cigar lounge. This man really not givin' a fuck."

      "Do your marriage not mean shit to you anymore?" Toby asked curiously.

      "Are we really in the middle of my nephew party talkin' bout my shit?" he chuckled, "Y'all gotta stop."

      "Daddy!" Seona raced up, falling on his lap playfully with Lani behind her. "We got tattoos. See butterfly?"

      "I do." he smiled genuinely, eyeing Seona temporary tattoo. "I like it baby."

      "Come on, Sese!" Lani said, pulling Seona with her by her hand.

      "I see Amaury let the kids come." Toby stated.

      "That weirdo," De said, shaking his head. "Called me talkin' bout they ain't invited. They was straight. Well, Jayla wasn't too happy bout it. Deucey either. But we took 'em to breakfast, explained best way we could. The kids comin' pretty much kept his mind off it."

      "At least the kids here," Tae said. "Y'all check on Mama?"

      "Yeah. Auntie Sasha told me she sleep." Toby informed.

      "This shit movin' fast, man," De voiced, shaking his head.

"Tell me about it." Toby agreed, sighing heavily as he thought on their mother's declining health. "Lotus, and the boys ain't been wanting to leave ha side for shit. It's getting real too fast."

      Tae drifted off into his own world, drinking his beer, and watching his wife stand up and walk out the space. He sat the beer down, standing and following behind her footsteps. It leads him to the restrooms, and going into the women's and locking the door behind him.

      "You move out and can barely say a fuckin' word to me," he announced his presence, and Shantey suck her teeth in the second stall.

      "I can't even take a fucking piss by myself." she groaned, and seconds later the toilet flushed. The stall door squeaks as she pushed it open. "You knew I left but wanna do this here? Bye, Tavon."

      Shantey barely walked forward before her face was forced into his hold and his lips smashed into hers. He led her back until her back connects with the closed stall door. "No," she spoke in between the deep kiss, and he didn't back away. She could taste the beer and hint of liquor on his breath. "I said no!"