FDL | 14

"You and Monica gotta whole kid

      "You and Monica gotta whole kid." Tae repeated for the second time. He sat with his brothers outside on the patio of
Toby's man cave inside his estate. After the eldest Booker Brotha trapped his two brothers into having a man to man talk, the trio found out that Javon was indeed officially a Booker himself over FaceTime with Solana and Jayla.

      De blew out the smoke smoothly, shaking his head. "Tell me 'bout it. I'm shocked but I gotta go get my kid, man. Living with his aunt ain't it. I know how she treated me; I know he got it worse."

      "You not pissed off at her people's a li'l bit?" Toby asked, leaning forward with glass of brown liquor.

      "Now I know he my son, I'm pissed off more than I thought." De admitted, "If I was locked up or not, don't hide that shit from me. He coulda been taken care of by either one of y'all or Mama. But he woulda been where he was posed to be. Courtney had to tell me that shit. I got out four years ago. He woulda at least been wit me at twelve. He mighta still been rebellious but I woulda been there."

      "Nah I feel you," Toby said, sitting back in his seat. "How I felt bout Lotus but at least you gon' be in his life now. He sixteen. He don't wanna come with you, he ain't got no choice."

      "Oh that's off the top."

      "You know he gon' be welcomed with open arms this way." Tae said.

      "Fasho. Have you spoke to Bub?" De asked referring to Troy.

      "Nah. Not since the party a few days ago, and quite frankly I don't have any intentions on speakin' to em."

      "So he is back on that shit?" Tae questioned looking at Toby.

"I'm notta dummy, man. I know what it is. He tried to tell me he wasn't at the party. Ion' need him around me." Toby said, "Not like that."

      "Yeah Courtney was stitch lip about it," De spoke up. "Me and Shantey was asking her bout it at DMG yesterday. She don't think we should even bother 'em because it'll make him hide over talk."

      "I don't plan to find 'em." Toby shrugged.

      "Now are we gon' talk bout the big ass bear in the room?" De asked looking at Tae.

      Tae chuckled. "Why the fuck you lookin at me, nigga?"

      "You wasn't gonna say shit bout Winnie getting smacked down by Sleaze and Amanda?" De asked, and Toby brow lifted at the information. "That was talk around the party witcha nephews and niece."

      "Mann," Tae shook his head. "I just had Arie take care of that for me. The chick she introduced me to at the cigar lounge opening the new assistant, Mari. She popped up over at the crib talkin' bout suing, then went into getting som' her Compton chicks at handle Amanda. Wasn't letting that shit fly at all."